PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Jax @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac gets back on track to win the OROY today:

Mac Jones: 375 Yards. 4 TDs. 0 Ints.
I hope so...

I'll settle for better than Buffalo. 300 yards 3tds and a win is probably more realistic expectation. Hopefully Mac shows us more efficiency in the red zone today and 0 turnovers. Really can't afford mistakes.

JAX will be the 2nd worst pass defense (Jests) we've faced all year. I fully expect Mac and the passing offense to do well today.

A minor concern is JAX can run the ball a little and stopping the run isn't exactly a strength of our defense.

Biggest thing we need to greatly improve on is starting fast, maintaining focus, being aggressive and imposing our will.

Those are the biggest things that disappointed me about the Dolts and Bildos losses. We came out flat, did dumb things and got pushed around.

No more.

That BS must end today.

For once, the region football gods shine on me. I get the Pats-Jags on CBS and the Bildos-Falcons on Fox.

Lets go Pats! I have high confidence that the Raidahs will lose today, get into the playoffs.

It's all about the OL. When they play well, the Pats play well. When they play poorly it cascades across the entire offense and even defense by putting them in bad field position and/or on the field too much.

Mac gets hit early and he starts speeding up his internal clock too much making rushed throws and rushed/first read only throws. Additionally no long slow developing running plays - especially early - the book is written on the Pats - penetrate! So don't let the opposition get TFLs with those long handoffs.

Get to the playoffs with a rookie QB and a lot of new faces in Foxboro this year would be more than acceptable in my view.
Go Pats......and no injuries please!!!!!!!

I'll be very disappointed if this game isn't over by halftime.
And THAT's the reason why this game is pretty much a no win situation for the Pats. No matter WHAT they do today it is going to be diminished by the fact tat they are playing the Jags. If the Jags beat the 16 point spread, then it will be viewed as a vast disappointment. If the Pats DO beat it, then it will be "Hey, so what. It was the Jags". And if the game is close or God forbid, they lose, then it will be known to some posters here as the "best day of the season" yet because of the fuel they will have when they post after the game, BECAUSE it was against the Jags.

I don't see a situation here where anything they do will be viewed as a positive. "But... it was against the Jags" will be the refrain that will be heard so often that it will become like one of those tunes that you.can't get out of your heads

And THAT's the reason why this game is pretty much a no win situation for the Pats. No matter WHAT they do today it is going to be diminished by the fact tat they are playing the Jags. If the Jags beat the 16 point spread, then it will be viewed as a vast disappointment. If the Pats DO beat it, then it will be "Hey, so what. It was the Jags". And if the game is close or God forbid, they lose, then it will be known to some posters here as the "best day of the season" yet because of the fuel they will have when they post after the game, BECAUSE it was against the Jags.

I don't see a situation here where anything they do will be viewed as a positive. "But... it was against the Jags" will be the refrain that will be heard so often that it will become like one of those tunes that you.can't get out of your heads
The trick here is to get the W and not give a rats arse what Anybody thinks about it.

Between injuries & covid designations the jags are fielding an 0-17 type roster today. Hopefully the team can get some confidence back in this one.

The players can renew some swagger and confidence and that's positive for them.

Harry….. I mean. Oof. I was much more patient than most, but this does not bode well. There is nothing in NE for him. There is (likely) nothing in the league for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore