PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Colts @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously a huge game for us today. Our defense is going to have to play well. The interesting thing to monitor is who will be starting along the O-line? Does Cajuste play at RT, do we go back to Wynn with Cannon out? One thing for sure is we're going to need better play from that unit!!!

On the injury front, looks like Damien Harris will not play and Dugger and Barmore will be game day decisions. Would be great to get above 500 for the first time this season. We need to play better at home, let's start today!!!!!

Of course, hoping for no injuries!!!!!! Who's ready????????????????

Let's discuss!!!!!

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!

Warm weather for the game today:

no mercy, no quarter, no conservative bullsh#t on offense. inside the 20 let's throw the ball down field instead of running or throwing sideways. let's go, should be up double digits at half and decided by early 4th. Just heard Esiason lamenting the situation of his buddy Reich. Boomers in my camp, thinks Pats easy today

In case you missed it:
Marcus Cannon was placed on IR yesterday. He's gone for at least 4 weeks. His season/career could be done with that Concussion, unfortunately.
JJ Taylor was SIGNED to the 53. This is because neither Damien Harris nor Pierre Strong are expected to play today.

Lynn Bowden was elevated for the game.
Kody Russey was elevated for the game.
The CLOCK continues to run on Stueber. Not sure what the drop dead date is to activate him from NFI.

The Pats are really thin on the O-line with both Hines and Cannon on IR.

David Andrews was officially declared out.
Devante Parker was officially declared out.
Damien Harris is not expected to play.
Pierre Strong is not expected to play.

I pray that Josh Bledsoe dresses over Myles Bryant.

I hope that we play more MAN coverage than Zone.

In case you missed it:
Marcus Cannon was placed on IR yesterday. He's gone for at least 4 weeks. His season/career could be done with that Concussion, unfortunately.
JJ Taylor was SIGNED to the 53. This is because neither Damien Harris nor Pierre Strong are expected to play today.

The CLOCK continues to run on Stueber. Not sure what the drop dead date is to activate him from NFI.

Cannon was probably getting pushed back down to the practice squad anyway because Cajuste was back. He was originally next on the depth chart after Wynn to start the season.

They have the other Harris backing up Rhamondre so they have depth there, it’s not an issue unless someone else gets hurt.

Hines was put on IR and Russey was promoted, Russey is the more talented player and was eventually going to supplant Hines anyway.

I've been thinking about how to regard this game. I don't think we'll be making the playoffs this year, and if we do, we'll get clobbered immediately. To me the importance of this season is about evaluating and developing the players we have, with an eye to the future. That process has no doubt been going quietly on with regard to ALL positions, except for qb, where it's been going on much more noisily.

This game is most important vis-a-vis this latter question. In a nutshell, is Mac good enough? His ankle is presumably reasonably well recovered. He has been the designated starter all week. The coaches (quietly) and - with pantytwisting fervor - the press have shared their anxieties over Mac's hurt feelings (utterly ridiculous: Curran is particularly far 'round the bend.) So let's see what he can do, or can't. That's what I'll be watching for, and I'll base what I think on what I see. I hope and trust Bill will do the same, whatever attending melodrama might blossom.

Last edited:
I hope we either get good QB protection (I'm skeptical with Andrews, Cannon, and Harris out) or have a game plan that presupposes Mac won't have any time.

Any update on Barmore and Dugger?

Last edited:
Can we finally go in the W column ?
Today should be the day...
I hope that OL will be able to have a game good enough to avoid putting too much pressure on Mac
Go Pats

In case you missed it:

Can Hines return if he heals?

I hope we either get good QB protection (I'm skeptical with Andrews, Cannon, and Harris out) or have a game plan that presupposes Mac won't have any time.
Harris is a mediocre blocker. He's several steps down from Rhamondre

Good read on Meyers:

It’s tough. Meyers is extremely reliable but not explosive. He has a knack for getting open and making some impressive grabs at times but he definitely falls short if you compare him against many other players from an athletic standpoint. I do wonder if other teams will pay big bucks for a “reliable guy” or if they will consider him some kind of New England system player… Obviously, Welker and Edelman preceded him as the “clutch Patriot WR” and neither generated big offers on the open market.

My gut tells me Meyers would buck that trend but I don’t know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down