PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread - Colts @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know about you guys, but Harris being out is good for Rham as Harris won’t be vulturing touches from him. I’m a selfish guy and want to see Rham get 1,000 yards and 10 TD’s.

The saga of Lynn Bowden Jr. is actually kind of interesting.

Drafted in the 3rd round at 80th overall by the Raiders in 2020, but then was traded (along with a 6th round pick) to Miami before week 1 of that season for a 4th round pick. Bowden played in a few games as a rookie in 2020 for Miami, was put in IR before final cutdowns in 2021, then was cut at final cutdowns in 2022 and signed to the Pats' PS. Obviously the Raiders brain trust was questionable, but he WAS a third-round pick just two seasons ago that NE picked up for free and his one season that he played in was under Flores.

I don’t know about you guys, but Harris being out is good for Rham as Harris won’t be vulturing touches from him. I’m a selfish guy and want to see Rham get 1,000 yards and 10 TD’s.
He was getting the lion's share when Damien came back. I think they're committing to the player under contract going forward and protecting Damien from future injury.

Another winnable game. This time at home. It's a nice warm day so let's hope the crowd filled up on Bud lights and Gillette will be rocking!

Only 46 players active rather than the normal 48 because the Pats left themselves short and were only able to dress to 7 OLinemen.

Was hoping Barmore could go, glad to see Dugger back!!!

Definitely would be nice to have Barmore but I am not as worried here - with no Jonathan Taylor and Zack Moss inactive, their running game does not scare me as much. BB is probably thinking it's wiser to hold him out another game and then let him rest on the bye week next week and be at close to full strength for the rest of the season.

I'm more disappointed about Parker being out, I feel like he was coming on pretty strong and his absence seemed to be felt last week when he left. I don't think Bourne and Agholor are scaring anyone right now so teams key on Meyers, and Mac isn't hitting Thornton yet. Maybe that changes this week...

He was getting the lion's share when Damien came back. I think they're committing to the player under contract going forward and protecting Damien from future injury.
They should’ve traded Harris.

I agree. I love Harris but he isn't durable enough and isn't really used in the passing game. I wonder if he is healthy enough to pass a physical for a trade though.

Chess versus Checkers....
Their roster management of the OLine has been perplexing all season. Lack of depth and lack of quality depth and only Russey and Murray on the PS. Now, Roberts, Wade or Bledsoe have to be inactive and they’re playing with only 2 OLine backups because they elevated Bowden over Murray or the guy they signed this week to the PS. They must have a big game plan role for Lynn Bowden as their 5th WR.

Kind of the HC equivalent of not having enough players on the field following a time out.

Maybe they tell him to search the free agent market to see what the best deal is, he finds the market isn't as strong as he assumed and comes back on a reasonable extension. I want Rhamondre to start and play a lot, but Harris would be a great guy to spell him as their #2.

Their roster management of the OLine has been perplexing all season. Lack of depth and lack of quality depth and only Russey and Murray on the PS. Now, Roberts, Wade or Bledsoe have to be inactive and they’re playing with only 2 OLine backups because they elevated Bowden over Murray or the guy they signed this week to the PS. They must have a big game plan role for Lynn Bowden as their 5th WR.

Kind of the HC equivalent of not having enough players on the field following a time out.
They usually carry 7 or 8 OL max into games, usually only 6 play. 7 is not unwieldy or unusual.

Bowden probably plays a lot of special teams.

I'd like to see some Pierre Strong this game.

With both Harris's out, why don't we take this kid's speed for a test drive?

I read that Indy's qb is a dead ringer for Zappe. That's a little worrisome, isn't it, given that Zappe has clearly outplayed Mac so far this year?

I read that Indy's qb is a dead ringer for Zappe. That's a little worrisome, isn't it, given that Zappe has clearly outplayed Mac so far this year?
I wonder which defense is planning to show up. NYJ or CHI ? That will be the difference imo.

I'd like to see some Pierre Strong this game.

With both Harris's out, why don't we take this kid's speed for a test drive?
Might be a question of how he is in pass pro. Otherwise, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back