PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Carolina @ Pats Preseason game 2

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you looked at who played It wasn't exactly their full compliment of starters, they didn't game plan, Mac had some rust, and they have 3 weeks to work out any issues.
Sure which is why I said some tinks to work through. I'm only saying some concern due to the Oline looking average and practices haven't been good until these past 2. Patience I know, but still going to be interesting to see how this season unfolds.

Tons more questions about play calling, tons more “It’s a process.” Belichick even smiled when he said it one time…. Then when a reporter said that he understands he doesn’t want to say who the play caller is, Belichick said, ”I never said that!” Giddy mood tonight….
I kind of would like to see BB inexplicably rattle off "dopamine based retainer" and what I suppose was the definition....

Ashley, Ross good job moderating the gdt.
You got rid of the whiners early like Paco.
Was entertaining
Hey, mouthy don't get personal. I was just asking the thread to be about football. Don't be a jerk.

Carl Davis looks like a legit NT, anyone else agree?
No. He looks like one but he's more of a 1-2 tech DT. Lining up over the nose and holding/pushing the pocket is not something he does with regularity

Damn you Timezones

DAMN YOU CIRCADIAN CYCLE

WBZ guys so lost. Thought it was a safety until the kicker came out.
98.5 would be interviewing a former NE player to talk best pizza. I missed the whole TD drive.

At least BZ was on the live action.

Tuesday 8/23 NFL rosters cut down to 80.

1 week later on 8/30 cut down is to 53.

Watching the replay now

Kinda surprised how often Im seeing Tavali with the 1sts

I like him, but.... *looks at Roquan Smith*

At this point I'm starting to think Bill might use Wilkerson's head injury as a reason to keep him on IR. He'll carry Wilk on the 53 as an extra WR then IR him and re-sign a player at another position to fill the final roster spot. Something like:

Parker - Agholor - Meyers - Thornton - Humphrey - Wilkerson
Bourne traded
IR Wilkerson after waivers clear

Then you can carry 5 WRs and have Wilkerson available after a few weeks if you sustain an injury to your WR group. Also probably try to get Nixon to the PS.

I was wondering if that was Kenny Robinson who he randomly blasted. Makes more sense now, though I'm a little surprised it was Ferentz of all people.
At least he did something good last night.

At this point I'm starting to think Bill might use Wilkerson's head injury as a reason to keep him on IR. He'll carry Wilk on the 53 as an extra WR then IR him and re-sign a player at another position to fill the final roster spot. Something like:

Bourne traded

Then you can carry 5 WRs and have Wilkerson available after a few weeks if you sustain an injury to your WR group. Also probably try to get Nixon to the PS.

Other than Bourne traded, I agree this may be the strategy.

Then when Wilkerson comes off IR things will have settled, and he can go to the practice squad.

Bourne traded

Injury settlement, while not quite as safe, might get him on the field even sooner.

The Zappe pick was on him...he telegraphed the throw the whole way and Nixon tried to come back for it. Zappe played well otherwise I thought. And I don't think Nixon should be on the outside...that's not his wheelhouse...he should be in the slot...catching passes underneath / over the middle. In regards to Nixon vs Humphrey...I'd put Humphrey on the 53 instead...he's making a lot of plays and is also a pseudo TE.

Last edited:
So is Uche finally ready to break out? I've really only seen the games' highlights which of course will look good since he had sacks in both games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back