PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it’s safe to say that Mac has his job back.
It was a conspiracy all along... we thought Bill was sabotaging Mac, but he was actually sabotaging Zappe! Now it's back to the Mac Attack the rest of the season.

So you’ve destroyed Mac, showed that Zappe has no business being a starting QB, and cemented last place all in one night.
The guys who call BB “Bill” won’t be happy about this.

At least Jonnu Smith had a breakout game tonight. That'll be huge moving forward.

I hate to say it. I still don’t know if Zappe is the guy. I am worried what teams will do when they get a book on him. And based on the second half, teams may realize that Zappe can‘t overcome defenses clogging the passing lanes based on his height.

I just have less faith in Jones who seems to be emotionally damaged right now.
We got humbled Tonight can we even compete in our Tough Division??

Is Hoyer out of concussion protocol yet?

In a way zappe interceptions helps ensure Mac confidence is not shot down and zappe to aim higher and improve upon. So to put an optimistic angle , it's a win win from a QB controversy standpoint.

So you’ve destroyed Mac, showed that Zappe has no business being a starting QB, and cemented last place all in one night.
If Mac is destroyed, he destroyed himself. Zappe still has extremely little experience in this league and has plenty of room for growth and learning how to work around his height along with the coaching staff.

This was about the worst outcome you could come up with. Not even just talking about the actual loss. Which is terrible in itself.

Neither Mac or Zappe are the answer at qb at this point. Mac can’t seem to get out of his own head, and Zappe is just too damn short. Maybe he can learn to move better to lanes before delivering a ball? Idk.

Is it time to fire Belichick after this season? In retrospect (I admit I was against Mac earlier in the game and pro Zappe), his switch from Mac go Zappe reeked of desperation.

Can we play the Lions or the Browns again?

Zappe needs to meet Doug Flutie for some training. To many batted balls for a pro qb.

Mac has to get his head back on straight. He is still the better QB. He just seems to be too hesitant right now. He needs to pull a Tom Cruise and do a “Talk to me Goose” and get back into the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down