PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is dak 2.0. They are similar IMO

To be honest I'm starting to wonder if Bill secretly wanted Zappe all along... the leash on Mac was wayyyy shorter than it probably should have been for a 2nd year QB.
Bill likes to give opportunities and see what the player does with them. It didn’t take long to see what Mac was doing with his opportunity tonight.

He wasn't ready, and they should never have started him. Instead, we likely just witnessed his final snaps in a Patriots uniform.
I totally agree. Hate that it was a “waste” of a 1st round pick, but in fairness NO ONE could have predicted this arc.

Mac prob won’t command more than a 2 or 3 in trade now.

O sure, another bum defense..that #1 was STIFLED BY...
Move along.

Matt Judon, what's those red sleeves you have on,
could they be the flushing face of Macs gone by?
And did I hear you say Bailey'd be in on the next play,
to lead the team on another TD drive?

I can hear the next excuse, the team was sand bagging Mac. Lol

I was 100% on the mac train but I'm not gonna bury my head in the sand and ignore what I'm seeing. The decision is clear to me now. Mac has to earn his job back. It's not his anymore.

That play on the Stevenson TD has been there ALL season. Far too many times they've gone with the ridiculous RB DIVE over one of the "A" gaps and failed.

Mac's checked off all the worst-case scenario boxes so far...absolutely horrible start and it's clear he's overthinking every single play and it's killing him.

Seemed to be playing scared to throw the ball. Taking off running more than Lamar, at one time (3rd down in the first series) just tucking it almost as soon as he got the snap. The pick came while he was once again running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Magically since Zappe came in we haven't seen a single scramble and guys are open immediately. I think I'm being converted... can't help it.

Why was Mac running out of the pocket and into the rush?
I have to wonder if Patricia told him to look to run the ball more this year, which has Mac scrambling around like a running QB.
It's a very bad idea when Mac leaves the pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes