PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking Ancient History. This current roster lists Cannon, Croston, Garcia,
Jelks, King, and Tobin as their tackles. As we speak, last year's backups, Fleming
and Waddle, are on the road seeking jobs. Which among this sorry lot do you
project to play left tackle or for that matter back up tackle?
When they re-signed Solder a couple of years ago, it bought them a little time.
They squandered this time and are now firmly behind the eight ball.
I want the pleasure of watching Tom Brady play his last few years without
seeing him lying in a heap because of a subpar left tackle.

Ancient history my ass. You claimed they didn’t know what they were doing at Tackle when they have been better at filling those positions over the last 15 season’s than any other team in the league.

I know you have a hard on to crap all over them but you should at least aim at something you can back up. That was as lame and bitter as it gets.

You're talking Ancient History. This current roster lists Cannon, Croston, Garcia,
Jelks, King, and Tobin as their tackles. As we speak, last year's backups, Fleming
and Waddle, are on the road seeking jobs. Which among this sorry lot do you
project to play left tackle or for that matter back up tackle?
When they re-signed Solder a couple of years ago, it bought them a little time.
They squandered this time and are now firmly behind the eight ball.
I want the pleasure of watching Tom Brady play his last few years without
seeing him lying in a heap because of a subpar left tackle.

Still waiting for you to show the teams who have filled their tackle positions better?

I’m guessing it will take a really long time for you to back that up.

Anyone know when or if Ebron is visiting?

Reminds me of a recent Super Bowl...

...indeed. Also fairly reminiscent of the kind of folks that end up being quoted in the signatures of others for amusement purposes from time to time.

Moronic reply to a post solely set on congratulating a player for his work ethic on this team and making his way in the NFL in general.

Never said one single thing about "starts" and just because a player doesn't "start" doesn't not make him an integral part of the team. The Offensive Line and protecting Brady may be the most important unit on the team, period.

And to your completely irrelevant point, it makes no difference "how" he got his starts. When he got his chance, he did a commendable job. That's all the matters.

If you're going to make posts where you cherry pick an argument based solely on one single word, at least make an attempt to stay on target with the actual message. Your posts are comically bad.

You just caught out once again having no clue what you are talking about. Words have a meaning and calling a player integral who only got to start in emergency cases and play in very limited packages is definitely not it.

If you want to be taken serious either research stuff you post or choose your words better.. those two things are pretty integral to informed posting.

Holy sh*t! A $1.5M maximum contract value?

If Hill produces like he did in 2016, that will be close to a Blount-class steal.

After setting aside $2.5M for draftees and ~$6M for in-season reserve, the Pats have roughly $3.7M in usable cap space remaining before contract extensions and/or further cuts.

Last edited:
Suh to visit tbe Rams
Could you imagine Donald and Suh
Pray for the NFC West

Suh to visit tbe Rams
Could you imagine Donald and Suh
Pray for the NFC West

The fact that he is on a proper tour instead of signing with the first team goes to show that apparently organizations have grown a bit and dont just offer ridiculous contracts straight away to lazy players like him anymore.

The Rams would be a good place for him to continue taking plays off and it getting hidden by Donald & co. Hopefully it will not rub off on Aaron..

Based on this, Chung's 2018 cap hit increases by $1.6M, which would leave the Pats with roughly $2.1M in usable cap space at this point.

The fact that he is on a proper tour instead of signing with the first team goes to show that apparently organizations have grown a bit and dont just offer ridiculous contracts straight away to lazy players like him anymore.

The Rams would be a good place for him to continue taking plays off and it getting hidden by Donald & co. Hopefully it will not rub off on Aaron..
Any chance he becomes affordable enough for us?
How could we free up cap?
Anyway any updates on the other Flowers?

Any chance he becomes affordable enough for us?
How could we free up cap?
Anyway any updates on the other Flowers?

Doubtful that we are interested in him. Last week he said that he wants to go whoever pays him most. That does not sound like the kind of player BB/Caserio usually are looking to bring in.

I am actually surprised the Browns didnt bring him in yet. They dont care about the money and nothing they have done in the last 2 years shows that they care much about locker room culture or winning too much.

You just caught out once again having no clue what you are talking about. Words have a meaning and calling a player integral who only got to start in emergency cases and play in very limited packages is definitely not it.

If you want to be taken serious either research stuff you post or choose your words better.. those two things are pretty integral to informed posting.
I already don’t take you seriously, so feel free not to do the same with me. In fact, do us all a favor; don’t take me serious and never quote me again.

Talking football with you is something I’ll pass on and each post you make continues to be selfinflated garbage. I don’t give a damn how you infer the word “integral” as part of my original post on Cam freakin Fleming and how I applaud his work ethic in the NFL.

Don’t waste my time with replies that have zero to do with my original post and are made solely for trying to get a rise.

Keep up with your sthick though. Maybe do a post this time on the word “sthick”. I’m sure this will be a riveting read.

Last edited:
I already don’t take you seriously, so feel free not to do the same with me. In fact, I’d prefer if you don’t take me serious and never quote me again.

Talking football with you is something I’ll pass on and each post you make continues to be selfinflated garbage. Keep up with your sthick though.

Maybe do a post this time on the word “sthick”. I’m sure this will be a riveting read.

Problem is you dont understand football and at the same time are too lazy to even research half of the stuff you post. All it takes is to check the snap-by-game on PFR about Fleming to show how completely wrong your entire claim about him being an integral part of a team is..

But yeah please go on and continue arguing against facts.. its funny..

Problem is you dont understand football and at the same time are too lazy to even research half of the stuff you post. All it takes is to check the snap-by-game on PFR about Fleming to show how completely wrong your entire claim about him being an integral part of a team is..

Your argument is so mindnumblingly stupid it’s insane.

I don’t give a flying **** if you personally don’t equate Cam Felming as “integral”. Guy started for us in the Super Bowl and stepped up when a player of importance went down. That’s integral in my mind. Again, I don’t give a flying **** if you don’t agree.

Your entire argument here is semantics. Stop wasting my time.

Last edited:

Your argument is so mindnumblingly stupid it’s insane.

I don’t give a flying **** if you personally don’t equate Cam Felming as “integral”. Guy started for us in the Super Bowl and stepped up when a player of importance went down. That’s integral in my mind. Again, I don’t give a flying **** if you don’t agree.

Your entire argument here is semantics. Stop wasting my time.

stuff like this is integral to my enjoyment of Patsfans. I can't be the only one who lurks here just to find amusement in the lengths people will go to have an argument. Monty Python esque

Bravo to all

2013-2017

Hogan, age 29 (turns 30 in October):
2108 yds from scrimmage, 15 TDs
2018 cap hit = $3.28M

Patterson age 27 (27th birthday was St. Patrick's Day):
2079 yds from scrimmage, 13 TDs
+ 4613 KR yds, 5 TDs
2018 cap hit = $3.25M

Hogan didn't play his first NFL snap until he was 25 whereas Patterson was starting as a 22 year old rookie and has played fewer career games than Patterson. Yet Hogan has 400 more career receiving yards.

To be fair, Patterson's an exceptional special teamer and he can contribute on offense through athleticism, but generally you'd prefer he stays on the sideline. I don't mind the special teams prowess in a fifth receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe