PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Free Agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Cowboys what are they doing to us both Flemming and Waddle?
They are driving their costs up let's hope we have a plan thats not starting Tobin to protect Brady's blindside

Seems obvious that the 'Boys are playing Fleming and Waddle against each other, driving their asking prices down, not up.

Seems obvious that the 'Boys are playing Fleming and Waddle against each other, driving their asking prices down, not up.
O I agree but the fact they are targeting one or both does not bode well for us getting one back on the cheap side.

Agree about the financials but I don't want to pay a back over 28 that kind of coin.

Agree. But Murray at Burkhead money might've been slightly less risky than Hill even at $1.33M.

O I agree but the fact they are targeting one or both does not bode well for us getting one back on the cheap side.

Not necessarily. If the 'Boys have Fleming and Waddle in a "lowest bid" war against each other, there's likely to come a point where they're getting close enough to whatever the Pats offered that one of them just says, "F**k it!", turns around and re-signs with the Pats.

Are they offering starting minutes at RT? Judging by our respective lines we would be able to offer Waddle more PT. Fleming should be a backup regardless

Are they offering starting minutes at RT? Judging by our respective lines we would be able to offer Waddle more PT. Fleming should be a backup regardless

No idea what the 'Boys are offering them. Speculation is that the 'Boys would like to move La'el Collins back inside to RG, so maybe they are looking for a starting RT.

The Jets are visiting with Terelle Pryor
He had a horrific year with the Redskins but could be a sneaky good signing for a team.

No idea what the 'Boys are offering them. Speculation is that the 'Boys would like to move La'el Collins back inside to RG, so maybe they are looking for a starting RT.

That still pisses me off how the Collins draft situation played out. He should’ve never been declared a FA should’ve went into the supplemental where a team was forced to give up a draft pick the following season for his services

Ok, and...?
Just saying the stats are pretty impressive for me to never of heard of the guy.
The Colts are not making any big splash signings thus far I'm curious to their plan on how they fix their defense.

Just saying the stats are pretty impressive for me to never of heard of the guy.
The Colts are not making any big splash signings thus far I'm curious to their plan on how they fix their defense.

Their plan to fix their defense was to fleece the jets.

I think both Fleming and Waddle have their standing offers from the Pats and now they are out to see if they can beat that price elsewhere.

Hopefully one signs elsewhere and one returns.

I think both Fleming and Waddle have their standing offers from the Pats and now they are out to see if they can beat that price elsewhere.

Hopefully the one we really want returns

Looking into the crystal ball..

Fleming signs for 10 mill

“Personally, I would have tagged Jimmy and found a way to pay Dola, Lewis, Fleming, Waddle, and Chandler Jones”-Cap genius Ben Vollin

"integral" is different for different folks. Our swing OT has been very important for this team for awhile now. Cannon was paid starting pay when he filled this role. With Solder and Cannon, the backup OT was very important. However, we had 3: Waddle, Fleming, and Croston; all played. So, no, Fleming wasn't integral to the team's success.
Obviously, when Cannon and Waddle were injured, Fleming was more important.

That being said, I would be very happy to see us pay fleming $6M-$10M AAV or so to come back. The cap can be worked out. The "real" contract would depend on the 2019 salary. The contract would have only $4M dead money after 2 years.

2018 cap - $3M
4 years
bonus $8M
2018 salary $1M
2019-2021 salaries TBD
possible bonus before 2020 season
some guaranteed 2019 money
Rather have Veldheer but will cost us a low pick. He is about $6.5mm. He was a starter not career long back-uip.Broken ankle last year but better than Flemming and not as good as Solder. Right in between. Can play right side as well.
DW Toys

Rather have Veldheer but will cost us a low pick. He is about $6.5mm. He was a starter not career long back-uip.Broken ankle last year but better than Flemming and not as good as Solder. Right in between. Can play right side as well.
DW Toys
I believe be is retiring .
Would be great to get Joe Thomas out of retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick