PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL Jonah Jackson selected by the Lions after the trade

Tampa gets their RB...

Bucs pick RB Ke'Shawn Vaughn

Olzewski was a great story and he’s scrappy....but what did he show last year that would make u think he’s a lock for WR this year?! He was average at best as PR too and often passed on fair catch and tried to return everything....I’m guessing they are thinking of him as a slot replace for Edelman...just haven’t seen it so far
Gunner is not a guy you don’t try to upgrade. Making the roster and contributing anything is a 50/50.

Why not Delpit over Dugger though?! Delpit was awesome at LSU....he would have been great fit in NE.....but Dugger is easier on the wallet I guess....
Belichick once asked " what can I do with a defensive player that can't tackle?" That is Delpit.

Is Thaddeus Moss still available ?? We gotta get Randy's kid at TE

Olzewski was a great story and he’s scrappy....but what did he show last year that would make u think he’s a lock for WR this year?! He was average at best as PR too and often passed on fair catch and tried to return everything....I’m guessing they are thinking of him as a slot replace for Edelman...just haven’t seen it so far
Don’t know that we got much of a chance to look at him in Squirrel’s role, yet. Coaches will have seen how he works in practice, how he approaches the job and what he shows them. He might turn into an overnight success years in the making. I worry about Jules being close to the decline, he takes such a beating. So having someone in the pipeline as a replacement to me seems essential. Could be Olzewski or someone else. Not sure there’s anybody else on the roster now for that role though.

Ali Marpet jumped from D3 to a starting lineup as a rookie, at possibly the hardest position to make the jump.

good call on Marpet. I really liked him out of college and he had himself a very good combine. Still playing Guard for TB after being moved from center. Just got his big contract.

Sanu is a cheap veteran but he's a free agent after this year and can be jettisoned at no cost, let's not act like his presence on the roster should prevent the team from drafting a talented young receiver. Edelman's getting long in the tooth and Harry didn't show much last year. If this team can't find roster space for receivers, something's either gone very right in the last few months or I'm very wrong about the talent level of receivers in this draft.

Gunner is not a guy you don’t try to upgrade. Making the roster and contributing anything is a 50/50.
You are right....I think they will bring in a lot of other WR and good possibility Gunner will be cut

Also are we seriously back in the "we can't sign/draft receivers because we got Gunner" thing again, I mean people were arguing that as a reason they didn't need Antonio Brown (before they signed him)

Why not Delpit over Dugger though?! Delpit was awesome at LSU....he would have been great fit in NE.....but Dugger is easier on the wallet I guess....
I thought the rookie pay scale was set based on pick, so it wouldn’t matter as much who the player was in that pick.

CB Michael Ojemudia to Denver

Tbh, a double dip of Colby Parkinson and Thaddeus Moss in the late fourth would be just fine with me.

Also are we seriously back in the "we can't sign/draft receivers because we got Gunner" thing again, I mean people were arguing that as a reason they didn't need Antonio Brown (before they signed him)

bcf5f79bbfec28d25c129c7cb901c574

*I'm with you on this

The tight ends in this draft are very bad.

They're not that bad. Overstatement.

There aren't any superstars, or sure things. But there certainly are guys with talent. Over the years, tight ends have come from different places. George Kittle, Jack Doyle, Cameron Brate, Delanie Walker, Darren Waller.... all guys off the top of my head that were day two or undrafted that have found success. Find a kid with some talent, then it's up to coaching and opportunity. I dont think you're going to find 10 starting tight ends from this draft, but tjere certainly are guys with talent.

You are right....I think they will bring in a lot of other WR and good possibility Gunner will be cut

Depends on whether he makes the year 2 leap BB harps on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back