PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Pats move back 4-6 spots and getting an extra pick. So they have about the 10th pick and then use their newly acquired pick and some of their existing 3s and 4s to move back into the 20s in round 2 and pick up a second quality player in this round. It would be nice to pick up 2 second round starters for a change.
They will end up with 2 2s and 2 3s I think.
Hopefully that’s staying at 37 and packing 2 3s to move up around 50.

Awesome. Ashley in the house tonight! Trollers:

...she’s got eyes on you. :)

You're late, the shameless sucking up in hopes of staving off execution started already

WE WANT MORE TRADE DOWNS
I read that bb is thinking about it

angry-man-pointing-gun-to-his-head-young-62183944.jpg

My concern is Pats end up with 15 draft picks and only 8 make the team.

well, if this thread sticks, I thought that this was interesting:

Adam Schefter
37 mins ·
One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”

This is always a misleading statement. What it means is there are a lot of 3rd and 4th tier players in round 2. While still good the round 1 label isn't very clear. The only time is recent memory this saying has been true and really meant something was 2012.

2nd tier players going into round 2. Crazy.

I can’t see it.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

One personnel director calls this “the deepest second round in the last 25 years.” He believes there are 20 players available tonight that could have been first-round picks; there usually are 7-10. “There will be as many starters in this round that there are in the first round.”
I hope so

Pls don’t trade down from 37 Bill we have enough picks

LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOO

My thoughts on need:
Not looking at all pro at every position but the liklihood of improving the team.

QB. Need to take one at some point. If they believe stidham can be the man I trust the staff and their ability to educate QBs. The arm is there. Transactions at this spot will tell you whether they believe the mental part is there and the maleability. But need a draft choice for backup/competition.
Disagree. Already have two QBs in Hoyer and Stidham. No need there...just go with value if it’s there.
RB. I do not see a need here, including FB
Disagree. Develin might not be back with a serious neck injury.
WR. Everyone other than Edelman and Harry can be upgraded. Theoretically a lot today and a little through round 7.
Disagree. Harry can also be upgraded, and Edelman has maybe a year left.
TE. All 3 types of TE, blocker, receiver, full time can be upgraded and any decent draft choice should be able to make the roster. I see 2 being picked this weekend.
Disagree. There’s no way two TEs get drafted this weekend.
OL assuming the health of last years 2 choices I wouldn’t use anything earlier than 5 on ol (need wise) but every draft should have at least 1 ol.
Disagree. The OL badly needs at least a third round pick ingested.
DT. A big huge run stuffing stud would be the best thing this d could add. Aside from that guy, Allen, butler, cowart is a pretty solid group.
Disagree. That is not a solid group at all.
De/Olb. Whether we are 4-2 base or 3-3 base 2 of this group is on the field whether you call them de or olb. I think it looks more like 4-2 and last year was an adjustment to the roster. I think winovich replaces van noy and I’m good with that. The other side is Simon/Copeland/Wise and I see it as upgradeable early but after round 4 we won’t improve what we have.
Disagree. I think they’re running a 1-5 base and they need to stock up.
LB we play 2 LBs max (see de/olb description for the 3rd) we have Hightower and Bentley. We have no depth. Any lb drafted should make the roster but won’t play a lot. This is a mid round need to me.
Disagree. This is absolutely an early round need...these defenses are built around LBs.
S- an early pick could be S3 or S2 if Chung can’t stay healthy. Jujuan moving here is a possibility. Early pick will make the roster late pick would have to be st demon.
Disagree. Jujuan Williams is not moving to safety?...in addition a ST demon is not a priority at the moment.
CB- no need but the late pick on the special team demon with upside could make the team.
Disagree. There is absolutely a need there.
K. Need one. Obviously.
Disagree. The draft is not the place to address this in 2020.
P don’t. Obviously.
Disagree. It’s always good to have camp competition for a punter.

I want Epenesa. I think we'll take McKinney if he's there.

Disagree. Already have two QBs in Hoyer and Stidham. No need there...just go with value if it’s there.

Disagree. Develin might not be back with a serious neck injury.

Disagree. Harry can also be upgraded, and Edelman has maybe a year left.

Disagree. There’s no way two TEs get drafted this weekend.

Disagree. The OL badly needs at least a third round pick ingested.

Disagree. That is not a solid group at all.

Disagree. I think they’re running a 1-5 base and they need to stock up.

Disagree. This is absolutely an early round need...these defenses are built around LBs.

Disagree. Jujuan Williams is not moving to safety?...in addition a ST demon is not a priority at the moment.

Disagree. There is absolutely a need there.

Disagree. The draft is not the place to address this in 2020.

Disagree. It’s always good to have camp competition for a punter.
Noted

Should I tune in tonight or tomorrow to watch Bill pick some marginal players?

Pls don’t trade down from 37 Bill we have enough picks
Tbh I kind of hope he trades back to the mid second to pick up some late fourths and then uses some fourths and fifths to get into the late second or early third. That’s the really good spot. If there is a Thuney trade it makes it easier.

Tbh I kind of hope he trades back to the mid second and then use some fourths and fifths to get into the late second or early third. That’s the really good spot. If there is a Thuney trade it makes it easier.

I hope we can land a 1st next year from some sucker team and hope it turns into number 1 overall. wishful thinking, i know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes