PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Night 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the smoke coming out of New Orleans wanting to trade up makes me believe Bill is going to make a deal at 37. Ugh

Also can they either sign Thuney or trade him tonight? That cap hit is awful.

Captain, we all expect you to be bitterly, bitterly disappointed before the night is ovah.
poke.gif
That feeling is 365/24/7

I hope they cutaway to Goddell's mancave and he's watching netflix.

so...I decided... I want Hurts...screw it. Kid's a winner
I think it’s a good pick. He has potential and a high enough floor that he probably isn’t a bust but isn’t TOO flashy so having him compete in camp with Stidham and Hoyer is reasonable.

Day 2 is the best (and often most disappointing) day of the draft.

so...I decided... I want Hurts...screw it. Kid's a winner
Me too, Joker, me too. If the Pats are interested in trading back though, I doubt they are seriously considering him.

FWIW, when he was put on IR last year the reports were that his injury wasn't even thought to be definitively season-ending, let alone career-threatening.
He has already been replaced.

Booooooooo

I think it’s a good pick. He has potential and a high enough floor that he probably isn’t a bust but isn’t TOO flashy so having him compete in camp with Stidham and Hoyer is reasonable.

At worst he's a Taysom Hill package guy, but better, at best he's a quality starter. There's something to be said for guys whose floor is a meaningful role, especially quarterbacks for whom outcomes are normally binary, you're either a starter or you're not.

Pipe dream......trade up to start of 2nd (not using 37) get Josh Jones and Zack Baun then trade Thuney to recoup those picks and get a TE and DL (Fotu) later.

Only problem is Jones and Baun are probably going real early and is it would cost 2 - 3's and maybe a 4th.

You dont realize how much bill has his players on lockdown until brady leaves and hes ****ing everywhere all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST