PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread - Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHI - Casey Toohill - Edge - Stanford

I don't know what I was expecting.
My advice : print your post, laminate it, and pin it to your wall every spring just before the draft.

As long as BB is around, this is what it is !

Would love this

Hoping for Aaron Parker as an UDFA.

Calling it now. The reason that they passed on a WR in this draft? 3 letters:

O
B
J

BOOM! Now that's what I'm talking about, Bill! Suck it, haters!

I’m good with the draft. I’m scared to death of the second round DB, but overall not bad from my perspective. We draft pretty good OL. We need some WR, another K and a QB in the UDFA pool.

Folks still a FA right? And Blankenship May go undrafted

Well if nothing else this draft should very firmly close the book on the question of who the starting QB in 2020 is.

Think not trading Thuney precludes signing Cam or Winston, so yeah.

Drafting interior linemen at the end of the draft is cool. Probably the position most likely to actually make it in the last couple rounds.
Also a position where many guys rated late rounders in the draft can improve physically and make a big jump. Size, strength, training, diet, technique are all things that can hold a big guy back that can be corrected.

Bench player in Canada

He won't find a football job anywhere at any level unless the hiring process involves another one of his dad's friends.

I honestly just expect he'll sign here again and somehow end up on our 53 again.

Folks still a FA right? And Blankenship May go undrafted
I expect a UDFA signed and they will battle on even terms for the job. Maybe it’s Blankenship. I’m sure it would be one of his best opportunities competing vs another rookie.

Also a position where many guys rated late rounders in the draft can improve physically and make a big jump. Size, strength, training, diet, technique are all things that can hold a big guy back that can be corrected.

Yeah, it's a weird position where college guys are mostly just bodies and usually are blocking in super simple schemes - go left or go right. Outside of a few top ones the difference between a day 2 guard and a 7th rounder is usually, like, based on 40 times.

I love what they did this draft. They invested in athleticism, bolstered the depth of the o-line with potential starters in the near future, brought in 2 capable tight ends and got younger. Offseason is not over - there is a 3rd qb coming and potential trades still. So far I like it..

Very excited for Asiasi and Keene on the offense - add in someone like Vitale - ALOT of versatility.

Uche and Dugger are both exciting prospects with high ceilings..

Bench player in Canada

How are his hands? He loves football and BB doesn't value foot speed at the position, so why not try him at WR. He'd fit right in with Harry and Sanu.

Woodard is ranked 354 on CBS. Another UDFA quality draft pick

CBS's draft rankings aren't the be all/end all. They're as wonky as any other draftnik site. And since they parted ways with the guys of NFLDraftScout.com, they've gotten worse, imho..

I somehow hoped we could steal Kalil Davis for our Defense. But i'm happy we got some O-Line Depth. Maybe can safe some money when one of the vets get cut.

RAMS - Clay Johnston- LB - Baylor

O
B
J

OBJ catching passes from Stidham...that will go well.

O
B
J

We still don't have money

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore