PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Ongoing

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
The old dude oughta be upset at Bill for not playing him at Free Safety, his best pro position.
Agreed, I give u credit you've been on that idea for while.. maybe he gets asked to play FS?.. he did improve as a player as the season went on.. I'll say.. we have a nice grouping of DBs that all can play in the league. I think we let these guys play again this season.

The person that put the photo there didn't realize that's Jakobi Meyers.

Mayo must've told him this.
Your right the photo is Meyer's lol. Curran is dailed in.. likely came from Bill personally.. they vacation together...

The person that put the photo there didn't realize that's Jakobi Meyers.

Mayo must've told him this.
And to add.. some posters are just nit picking now.. the defense is not even in the most remote of worries about this team with or without BB the unit will still be great.

Says who?

That dude sucks too.
Oh I disagree. Belichick was having him taking starting boundary reps before he got hurt.
Now, we'll see how well he comes back from injury, but considering a year of potential development is now gone, that doesn't really bode well. Ditto for Gonzalez, btw.

The old dude oughta be upset at Bill for not playing him at Free Safety, his best pro position.
He's the one guy they didn't try there that I would have liked to have seen there. Although he did appear to improve as the season went on last year at boundary.

People on here talk about Strange at LT because of a few things:
1) He played there several games in College.
2) He worked out at LT and C during the Senior Bowl.
3) He's the similar height/weight/arm length with better over-all athleticism than Light.

View attachment 57238
It's an interesting thought, and I wouldn't hate it. He certainly has athleticism, and never seems to be able to carry enough weight to be dominant at Guard. If Sow, Leverett or Mafi get better suited for LG, I'd rather try Strange at LT than Okra.
Depending on if we draft a top 3 round LT... I would be curious to see this:

Strange / Sow / Andrews / Onwenu / Okorafor

Reserves: draftee LT in waiting, Leverett, Mafi, J. Andrews, McD/Wheatley

It's an interesting thought, and I wouldn't hate it. He certainly has athleticism, and never seems to be able to carry enough weight to be dominant at Guard. If Sow, Leverett or Mafi get better suited for LG, I'd rather try Strange at LT than Okra.
Depending on if we draft a top 3 round LT... I would be curious to see this:

Strange / Sow / Andrews / Onwenu / Okorafor

Reserves: draftee LT in waiting, Leverett, Mafi, J. Andrews, McD/Wheatley
Anderson?

Eagles trade Hassan Reddick to Jets for 2026
Third rounder.

Ugh
Yeah Jets are all in for sure. Gonna be tough sledding this year in the east which makes it more logical to built for a strong 2025/26 when all three AFCE teams will be past their windows. Rodgers can’t play forever, Dolphins and Bills will have cap issues.

This type of thing scares the crap out of me:

If it's something Mayo wants then that's one thing. But if Wolfe comes in with certain specifications that he wants and it runs contradictory to something that the coaches want/have run for years that's been successful then that to me is a big concern.

Maybe Mayo wants something a little different out of his secondary so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but if he is trying to replicate what he did with BB and Wolfe just wants to stick to his own old ways then IMO that's where the coach should win his way.

Agree. That’s something they really need to work out, you can’t have a GM filling the rosters with players that don’t fit the schemes the coach wants to run.

Damn.. Forgot he was out there. Not sure if he would have been a step up from Okorafor because he missed most of last year after being cut by the Bengals. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with the Bills.

A lot of teams are able to extend their own because of the huge increase in unexpected cap money. This is the kind of deal that we like to have done this off-season. Now, we need to wait until next off-season and focus on re-signing our own (done) and extending our own.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back