PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they can feature him in more packages now….seemed like in alot of games last year…Uche just disappeared
Once Judon and Gonzalez went down the Pats had their ends play a lot contain rather than getting upfield.

Uche’s still got to the qb at a high rate per snap last year. He was 31st in PFF’s pass rush productivity stat. That is tied with Aaron Donald, better than Danielle Hunter and Joey Bosa. I’m optimistic that he puts up better pressure and sack numbers next year.

If we pull him in. Could this line suddenly become, dare I say, a strength?
I'd prefer Jonah Williams, but, he'd be a good 1 year rental until whoever we draft is ready. Although with Williams (who can play both LT & RT) being only 26, we could lock down one side of the line already for more than a year.

Man Caserio is on fire in Houston.

I'd prefer Jonah Williams, but, he'd be a good 1 year rental until whoever we draft is ready. Although with Williams (who can play both LT & RT) being only 26, we could lock down one side of the line already for more than a year.
How about both
Smith,Strange, Andrews, Onwenu, Williams

Man Caserio is on fire in Houston.
Dang right he is. Hunter, Anderson and Autry for the pass rush is gonna be something.

They don’t want to waste a minute of CJ Stroud. Contenders.

That’s insane. Uche is a real one. This is quite literally an example you can point to when people ask what Mayo brings to the table. Mayo being the coach caused Uche to stay even for a deal that was potentially a quarter of the value.

I know that he is a well known guy due to his draft position but he was terrible in 2022. Was he less terrible last year?

How about both
Smith,Strange, Andrews, Onwenu, Williams
Love this idea. It has the added benefit of allowing the Pats to wait until the 4th to draft a developmental tackle. With the short term offensive line shorn up they could draft a receiver in the second and third. Or trade a 2nd for Higgins and still draft another receiver in the third.

based on the current depth I’d want a tackle in the first two rounds, but signing both would change that.

That’s insane. Uche is a real one. This is quite literally an example you can point to when people ask what Mayo brings to the table. Mayo being the coach caused Uche to stay even for a deal that was potentially a quarter of the value.
But why do we even have to offer a quarter of the value to a loyal player?

Good signing, value is bargain basement level. Hooper is a solid player for a reserve TE. $4.25M surely includes incentives, base is probably around $2.5M.

But why do we even have to offer a quarter of the value to a loyal player?
It's a prove it deal with incentives. Uche is betting on himself for a big payday in a year. I like it. Dude's gonna ball.

Good signing, value is bargain basement level. Hooper is a solid player for a reserve TE. $4.25M surely includes incentives, base is probably around $2.5M.
He spent 2 years with AvP in CLE. Knows his system which relies heavily on TEs. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results