PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am not panicking yet, but I don’t get the praise Wolf has been getting thus far. So far he has kept one of the worst rosters in the league together with shedding a bit of the overpriced dead weight. People are acting like he is killing free agency.

Until the Pats make actual moves to add players that can make an impact, we cannot judge Wolf and how he is doing in free agency.

Luckily, as Lazar points out that there are still players in areas of most need. I will also add that there are still some marquee defensive players since there was a rumor the Pats were going to add one stud defender. Danielle Hunter and other top defenders are still available. Sneed is still available in a trade.

I am not panicking yet, but I don’t get the praise Wolf has been getting thus far. So far he has kept one of the worst rosters in the league together with shedding a bit of the overpriced dead weight. People are acting like he is killing free agency.

Until the Pats make actual moves to add players that can make an impact, we cannot judge Wolf and how he is doing in free agency.

Luckily, as Lazar points out that there are still players in areas of most need. I will also add that there are still some marquee defensive players since there was a rumor the Pats were going to add one stud defender. Danielle Hunter and other top defenders are still available. Sneed is still available in a trade.
Yeah, I think it's going to be impossible to judge this offseason until the draft, as that's where the biggest changes are probably coming from.

Let’s see if they back up all that weaponizing the offense talk they did.

According to this we have about 78m after the takitaki signing but that doesn’t yet include onwenu, bourne, brissett, reagor. My rough guess is those bring it down to roughly 50-55m? Plenty room to grab ridley and smith or jonah w on short term deals and grab a few others, would be a pretty solid position heading into the draft.

I mean, who is the franchise savior in FA the Pats have missed on so far? I'm not sure they're even out there this year. I'm all for a splashy FA siging but the crop feels pretty meh to me.

Mostly the Pats just seem to be acting normal, which feels like a relief. They certainly haven't "won the offseason" yet. And It's a year that was always going to hinge on the draft more than anything IMO.

Justin Jefferson is like all the Patsfans, eagerly waiting to see who his team drafts at QB in the first round.
I already removed him from my fantasy draft board

I mean, who is the franchise savior in FA the Pats have missed on so far? I'm not sure they're even out there this year. I'm all for a splashy FA siging but the crop feels pretty meh to me.

Mostly the Pats just seem to be acting normal, which feels like a relief. They certainly haven't "won the offseason" yet. And It's a year that was always going to hinge on the draft more than anything IMO.
Mainly I want to see something at LT, but the options aren't great. So no matter who we get, it'll be hard to take them serious as a savior.

Yeah, I think it's going to be impossible to judge this offseason until the draft, as that's where the biggest changes are probably coming from.
I am glad that they are following the tried and true formula for building an NFL roster. Use FA to create roster depth by bringing in reliable veterans on manageable contracts. Draft your difference makers and keep the the ones you really value on the roster for multiple contracts. In general there are reasons that high profile FA's are not kept by their team and they end up being overpriced for what they bring to the table.

The Pats at best, treaded water yesterday. At this point, the team is not any better than last year's team, which may I remind you, went 4-13.

Brissett is a slight upgrade over Mac/Bailey. Brown is gone. Still devoid of any weapons and tackles.

Ridley, Higgins could be had.
One or both of them makes this Free agency a success on paper.
If Jennings came back and we added OT, DT, DB even Better.

IMO there is no savior for us this year. I mean neither FA nor draft makes us contender this year. Unless savior means someone who pushes us to playoffs.
I expect stable moves, no rush, no hurries. Fill the holes, draft a QB and other valuable players. Do not panic, rebuild the team this year and next when FA seems to be more attractive.

It doesn’t need to be a savior but you can still expect a team with the most cap space to improve via FA compared to the season before talentwise

The savior comes with the qb in the draft hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe