PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comes from this article...
20240311_212015.jpg

Gotta fill the holes, I like Reagor I badly want to see him do well.
I've been watching football a long time, he's got the worst hands...by a lot...that I've ever seen from a wide receiver. Need I remind everyone of the deep shot that Mac actually put on the money for once, which Reagor tried to catch with his arms completely out to his sides. He should have been cut right after that play.

Regarding Brian Burns, I thought the NFL outlawed teams tagging players with no intention of signing them in order to trade them for draft picks?

Regarding Brian Burns, I thought the NFL outlawed teams tagging players with no intention of signing them in order to trade them for draft picks?
We tried to sign him but he wouldn’t take our lowball offer.

If the NFL was truly concerned they would eliminate the tag altogether.

Comes from this article...
View attachment 56983
This ^ is a pretty silly quote. if they keep Duggar... not signing Justin Simmons will be a non-factor.

Tyrone Smith played decent last year for 13 games but has missed the majority of two seasons of the last four. Jonah Williams is overrated trash. I'd rather take up and coming OT's like Oli Udoh, Yosh Nijman, both under thirty, both have proven they can start in the NFL, both superior athletes coming from great lines in GB and Minny.

Ridley will not make or break them, Hollywood Brown won't either... they'd both be solid adds... but neither player has lifted their previous franchises up, nor was either considered a #1 WR by any measure. Ridley was getting outplayed by Christian Kirk until he got hurt.

They can find great WR's from the third round on, no need to overpay for average or merely good. The best way to find super weapons is to draft them.

We tried to sign him but he wouldn’t take our lowball offer.

If the NFL was truly concerned they would eliminate the tag altogether.
I was wondering the same thing.
Nick Foles was aware of how things worked and got the Eagles to remove the tag as they were trying to trade him. Some players don't understand, have bad representation/no representation or care how what power they have.

This ^ is a pretty silly quote. if they keep Duggar... not signing Justin Simmons will be a non-factor.

Tyrone Smith played decent last year for 13 games but has missed the majority of two seasons of the last four. Jonah Williams is overrated trash. I'd rather take up and coming OT's like Oli Udoh, Yosh Nijman, both under thirty, both have proven they can start in the NFL, both superior athletes coming from great lines in GB and Minny.

Ridley will not make or break them, Hollywood Brown won't either... they'd both be solid adds... but neither player has lifted their previous franchises up, nor was either considered a #1 WR by any measure. Ridley was getting outplayed by Christian Kirk until he got hurt.

They can find great WR's from the third round on, no need to overpay for average or merely good. The best way to find super weapons is to draft them.
Hollywood is meh but he'd be a massive upgrade for the team.

Simmons would play center field allowing Dugger and peppers to cause chaos in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST