PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 4

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 4th rounder is too rich for a 1200 yard wr? Shades of not going the extra mile for Hopkins who was just dangling in front of us for weeks.

Unless they have a major trade in the works i cant see how we can utilize all this cap space aside from flat out wasting it.
Yall need to get a trade out of your heads. No Higgins or any star WR is being traded for.

A 4th rounder is too rich for a 1200 yard wr?

It is for a 32 year old that is in the final year of his deal and has an $18m base salary and was on record saying he'd only play for a select few teams if traded or would retire

It is for a 32 year old that is in the final year of his deal and has an $18m base salary and was on record saying he'd only play for a select few teams if traded or would retire
He obviously said he'll no to NE.

Wondering if chargers will try to go after MHJ?
We got First dibs at a Price if I'm Wolf I'm saying MH Jr or bust putting the word out. :) It's not Rocket science Caleb Williams - Jayden Daniels - MH Jr. IF Teams are in love with Maye o MH Jr #3 can make em pay we are in the Sweet spot. :cool:

The odds have shifted toward Maye being the guy available at 3, and it’s nearly universally accepted that he’s not going to be ready in year 1. Keenan Allen makes absolutely no sense if the assumption is that it’s Brissett throwing to him in 2024 and then you have to re-sign a 33 year old Allen to have Maye actually throw him a pass in a game (in 2025).

Id trade 3 to LA for their second and draft His boy McCarthy at 5

He’s coming off 1200 yds. Thats absolutely worth 18m in this market, especially with 50m left in cap.

The point about only play for a few select teams or retire is valid, however I highly doubt the deal goes through if he was flat out refusing ne.

Id trade 3 to LA for their second and draft His boy McCarthy at 5
Trade with LA let them get MHJ bank on Arizona not trading and not taking a Q since they are locked into Murray and then take Maye at 5. Or even better yet swap with Zona if they want MHJ and no risk losing Maye.

Last edited:
Yall need to get a trade out of your heads. No Higgins or any star WR is being traded for.

Im not expecting it, just saying thats all that would make sense right now. Looking at the available free agent talent on offense where the resources are needed, there’s no efficient ways to spend that money other than trading for a true talent

And let’s take a live look up in the New England front office…

Happy Birthday Cake GIF by Storyful

Another look:

IMG_0062.jpeg

He’s coming off 1200 yds. Thats absolutely worth 18m in this market, especially with 50m left in cap.

The point about only play for a few select teams or retire is valid, however I highly doubt the deal goes through if he was flat out refusing ne.
We would’ve had to trade them our 3rd rounder to jump past the bears 4th round pick. Not sure how happy we would’ve been trading that away for what may be a 1 year rental on an otherwise crappy team.

The odds have shifted toward Maye being the guy available at 3, and it’s nearly universally accepted that he’s not going to be ready in year 1. Keenan Allen makes absolutely no sense if the assumption is that it’s Brissett throwing to him in 2024 and then you have to re-sign a 33 year old Allen to have Maye actually throw him a pass in a game (in 2025).
Doubt that I think Daniels is the better player I think we pass if Daniels goes #2. For emphasis I think Wolf will Trade #3 if Daniels is gone.

We would’ve had to trade them our 3rd rounder to jump past the bears 4th round pick. Not sure how happy we would’ve been trading that away for what may be a 1 year rental on an otherwise crappy team.

The post was saying a 4th was too rich for us. I don’t think Id do a 3rd.

Nobody else there is worth a Dam @ WR now Wolf don't even think about it!

Last edited:

Serious question. Do you want us to be competitive? If not, fine . But this team was 4-13 and have not really added anything but fringe players. I think we needed them, but we need some good players too. We’ve basically added nothing and lost the greatest coach and hired a guy who I don’t know if we can have all that much faith in. Major downgrade at coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes