PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve done great so far. Really killing it.
Takes two sides to make a deal. We really shouldn't be shocked - they don't have a QB and have to sell whoever on coming here based purely on hypotheticals. I'm more surprised they haven't locked up a veteran QB...thought for sure we'd hear Brissett's name by the end of today.

Takes two sides to make a deal. We really shouldn't be shocked - they don't have a QB and have to sell whoever on coming here based purely on hypotheticals. I'm more surprised they haven't locked up a veteran QB...thought for sure we'd hear Brissett's name by the end of today.
Still pretty early. Expect more moves over the next several hours

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Money speaks and based off Patriots history we’ve never been generous with contract offers. I think you offer guys a good deal and they’ll sign regardless of the rebuild.

If we operate with the idea that we need to get players to sign great value contracts as a losing franchise we won’t get anywhere.

its not surprising... he's a day 2 signing at best... journeyman / career back up... the big money deals get ironed out on day 1

Reactions: Ian
He won’t get a big deal.
I was responding to the question of who are the best remaining free agents. Thats doesn’t necessarily mean the guys who sign the biggest deals.

I’d also add Chase Young, Zandarius Smith, Leonard Williams and Patrick Queen to the list.

Also Chargers might have to cut a good wr or edge before Wednesday.

Last edited:
I like what we did with Gibson... 3 year deal for modest money on a guy entering age 26 season. That's the general profile of player I like to see us going for. Sign a bunch of guys like that. Flood the roster with them. Some might improve as players and be steals. Some will be JAGS and just passably fill roster spots. Others will be total busts. But sign a bunch, hope for some good hits, and try to add some high end talent in the draft. Do that and in the next year or two you should be ready for a big step forward.

(3) Immediate, pre draft shout out that NE isn’t interested in the overplayed and underperforming players of the last few years. I think a new regime needs to be decisive and move on from dead weight. Sends a message. I like it, despite it not a ‘financial / cap consideration’

Are the Bears motivated to trade Fields now if they are set on drafting Williams, and the market is diminishing?

The best value they are going to get for Fields is probably after the draft....teams that miss out of FA, and the draft QBs they like....they won't get picks until '25, but it is in their best interest to be patient. They aren't likely to get much for him anyway.

Even though I accept that Jacoby is what he is (limited), I think that - all things considered - he is a better QB than Fields, despite the latter’s obvious physical skills.
I would think if we are drafting a QB. You would want someone like Jacoby to be the bridge.
Vet with good leadership that would be more of a mentor to rookie

4 hours.
dodgeball dodgeballshouldas GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
Congrats, you can accurately account for the passage of time.

Great Job Reaction GIF

no one wants our trash. Teams will just wait until they get released
Cousin, I have to agree. Elliot Wolf and Groh have had their hands in the Draft and FA for years. Nobody holds them accountable. Then BB gets thrown under a bus. Yes he was the final arbitrator. Honestly many more of you all can do a better job on aligning personnel than these two "hot shots". With $100mm to spend they must be still out for a long lunch this afternoon.

Then people are saying Brissett is the savior...what? Why? What has he done? Yes as every hour goes by, I am feeling I would take a gamble (I said gamble)..

So what's the better idea? Let's Draft a QB who we are no where near ready for at pick #3 when you have four or five Teams that would compete for your pick? Why?

Elliot so far....a "F".
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back