PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Happiness GIF by The Ringer

Gipson.. 48 for 387 pass catching yards. Nice pick up for a 3rd down back that can run and avg 4 yards a carry, thats what the Pats have been missing since White!!

I Like the move!!

If Minnesota is going to give you 3 #1 picks for #3 you take that unless you think you’re getting generational talent. It’s not like the Patriors are on the precipice of greatness and just need a QB to complete the puzzle
I view that as two 1st rounders ('25 and '26) as the price of exchanging 11 for 3 this year. This year's 2nd would also have to be included. Then we'd be looking at Penix or Nix for QB.

Is there anyone who has made more money being a just good enough QB than Cousins?

If you count the $100 million guaranteed he just got from Atlanta, he's made $331 million dollars per playoff victory in his career.

The top FAs coming off the board quickly. Feels like we have a huge amount of eggs in the Ridley, Onwenu and Williams/Smith baskets.

The top FAs coming off the board quickly. Feels like we have a huge amount of eggs in the Ridley, Onwenu and Williams/Smith baskets.
It's been very quiet on all of those players so far.

I can see us going after Aaron Jones, once the Packers cut him. Can't imagine they keep him after signing Jacobs.
I heard the Pats are signing Antonio Gibson. He can play RB and is a good receiver.

Actually like the Gibson add. Multi purpose back who can return kicks. Averaging over 1000 all purpose yards a year over his 4 seasons.

Maybe NE just isn’t a desired destination, crappy team and high taxes. Money talks yeah but other teams are spending big so maybe players just want to avoid this team.
The high taxes thing is a much smaller issue than people make it out to be. Only a few games are impacted by the tax issue. You only play an average of 2 games in low tax states. All salaries are taxed in the jurisdiction in which you play a game.

So, if you sign with New England and you end up playing Miami, Tennessee and Houston one year, you don't pay taxes for those 3 games.

The only time I'm even considering the state income tax question is if I'm looking to sign with Miami, Tampa, Dallas, Houston, Jax or Tennessee. Otherwise, it's practically a wash.

Unless I'm signing with the Chargers, Rams or 49ers. Then taxes jump from 7% to 12%. Most other states are around 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST