PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top FAs coming off the board quickly. Feels like we have a huge amount of eggs in the Ridley, Onwenu and Williams/Smith baskets.
I’d be fine with 2/3 of those, can’t sign everybody but you can at least hope the team starts signing players that make the team better instead of just filling out roster spots

gibson is a good move. He was electric in college & has 172 rec as a pro. A long overdue replacement for james white IMO
Idea hoping that replacement for J White was going to be Bucky Irving in the fourth, who was a stud but was overused and got dinged up at end of season.

Idea hoping that replacement for J White was going to be Bucky Irving in the fourth, who was a stud but was overused and got dinged up at end of season.

I still think drafting someone in the 4th or later would be a good move, as RB's tend to get banged up, and Rhamondre is going into his contract year. It would behoove them to have a young kid in the pipeline, even if he doesn't play much his rookie year (similar to White and Vereen, who didn't really have a role until year 2). I don't think this takes someone like Irving off the table.

I guess the pats not going to be making any major FA signings. They are probably expecting another down year and top 5 pick for next year and then probably they start going in.

Just think, $180m (100m guaranteed) for a 35 year old QB (Mr Stat Man) coming off a torn Achilles injury who has one (yes, ONE) lifetime (yes, LIFETIME) playoff win! Cripes, Mr Butt Fumble himself (Mark Sanchez) has FOUR playoff wins! Talk about “burnin some cash”! Falcon fans will be looking at “28 - 3” as the “good old days”! UNBELIEVABLE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back