PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
GB was never active in external free agency, don’t expect any splashes today.

Christian Wilkins to the Raider. I wanted Wilkins, but 27.5/yr is absurd.

I love the player, but assuming that the Pats plan to extend Barmore, that's too much money allotted to interior defensive line. DT money has gone crazy. what a payoff for rejecting the Dolphins, offer last off-season and betting on himself.

I thought I saw some guy had an article up with intel on us and Snead earlier today? Interesting how much smoke there is around that. I don't think we're good enough to pay trade compensation and big salary for him (double cost), but I really think he could be the best FA fit for us out of everyone in the class. The inside-outside versatility to compliment Gonzo who seems best suited to stay outside, press man ability, championship experience, youth. Like he's a guy that if they do land him, I'm going to feel REALLY good about panning out for us as a great addition. I just hate the double cost. But if the cost isn't a ton pick wise...

I thought I saw some guy had an article up with intel on us and Snead earlier today? Interesting how much smoke there is around that. I don't think we're good enough to pay trade compensation and big salary for him (double cost), but I really think he could be the best FA fit for us out of everyone in the class. The inside-outside versatility to compliment Gonzo who seems best suited to stay outside, press man ability, championship experience, youth. Like he's a guy that if they do land him, I'm going to feel REALLY good about panning out for us as a great addition. I just hate the double cost. But if the cost isn't a ton pick wise...

Wasn't Sneed franchised? I don't see the Pats giving up 2 - 1st round picks for him. I just don't see the Pats doing anything like that

Last edited:
Yeah thats crazy money for Wilkins.
Hopefully someone wants Ridley more and overpays. Much rather trade for Higgins.

I think Ridley is going to go for more than that. Maybe he goes for 2/30 to a contending team but Pats will need to be far and away highest bidder to sign him imo
Im not sure any team is going to sink that much into a player who will blow up at any minute

I love the player, but assuming that the Pats plan to extend Barmore, that's too much money allotted to interior defensive line. DT money has gone crazy. what a payoff for rejecting the Dolphins, offer last off-season and betting on himself.

I think most would be ok allocating that much to a DT and then also to an Edge though... IDK, I think I might be ok paying a premium for two inside guys. These QBs now are so freaking good at escaping outside the pocket that they can even use strong outside pass rush against the defense sometimes. Like which 4-man front is better now?

Anfernee Jennings / Barmore / Wilkins / Wise

or

Judon / Barmore / Lawrence Guy or some similar JAG / Wise

IDK, I think I might prefer going with two hard edge setters/limited pass rushers on the outside and two forces inside vs. a more balanced approach of one great inside guy and one great outside guy.

I'm on the Gabe Train to an extent. I think he is a good player that is overlooked because it's All Diggs All The Time in Buffalo. I would probably sign Darnell Mooney first, though.
They hate him up here in Buffalo. Runs 2 routes. He's most often blamed for Allen's problems. Very predictable player. They've been trying to oust him for years now.

This is a good sign for WR market. Gabe getting 13M AAV means Ridley might not touch 20M. Also means Mooney can probably be had for around 11-14M AAV range and Curtis Samuel is likely sub-10M.

This is a good sign for WR market. Gabe getting 13M AAV means Ridley might not touch 20M. Also means Mooney can probably be had for around 11-14M AAV range and Curtis Samuel is likely sub-10M.

Gabe Davis getting 16.6 AAV is a f'in Joke. Even at 11-14M it's a joke.

If his market explodes to play as a guard then the Pats should walk away. I love Onwenu but they need him as a tackle and he's only a B+ tackle. Can't be backing up the brinks truck for guys that are a B+. He's an A+ guard but they are set at guard between Strange and Sow, and Mafi is probably OK with some development. I'd probably roll with Okorafor at RT before dropping over $20M AAV on Onwenu.
B+ sounds great to me

Unless we're talking modern grading systems where everyone gets an A, then B+ is garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back