PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 1

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of shocked that it's been 30 min and the only free agent signing so far has been DeAndre Swift. Everything else has been re-signings.
Maybe because technically this is just a 48-hour negotiation period? Players could conceivably back out of any deal made today.

Teams cannot officially sign a player from another team until Wednesday - so any announcement is going to come from an agent, player, or reporter that they leaked that info to. The new team isn't really in a position to make that type of announcement -or the NFL may have told the 32 teams not to do so? I don't know for sure, just speculating.

Wow so Dallas is really getting Henry.
That’s interesting.

Wilkins, Tyrod Smith, or Patrick Queen please.

He was franchise tagged.
You have to catch on some news
When you're late on the news....

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

I wasn't familiar with him either, but here's what I found:
2020: mostly on ST (30% of defensive snaps)
2021: 8 sacks despite missing five games (starter in other 12)
2022: missed half the season
2023: healthy again (15 starts); 12.5 sacks, 52 tackles

Pretty impressive when he is healthy.

Well no news is good news as Ridley, Brown and Gave Davis are still out there.

I'd rather sign Ridley to $15m for 2 years than trade for Tee Higgins. No way am I trading for a $25m contract, unless I'm trading a 5th.
I think Ridley is going to go for more than that. Maybe he goes for 2/30 to a contending team but Pats will need to be far and away highest bidder to sign him imo

Contracts are getting so out of hand, it seems like anyone is overpaid.

Might be interested in signing him + Tyron Smith. Both are older guys who just need to stay healthy, and you can get on a discount on shorter term deals. If they both hold up then you are 2 deep on great LTs, if one gets hurt then the other is fresh. If both somehow get hurt then, I mean, them's the breaks.

Might be interested in signing him + Tyron Smith. Both are older guys who just need to stay healthy, and you can get on a discount on shorter term deals. If they both hold up then you are 2 deep on great LTs, if one gets hurt then the other is fresh. If both somehow get hurt then, I mean, them's the breaks.
With so few good LTs on the market, I'm not sure you're going to get a good enough deal on two of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes