PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL 2023 Post Game Thread: Week 16 - NE @ DEN

Immediate Postgame Reactions
The funny thing is people are crying because we’re not tanking, but if you read the “which qb should we take??” Thread, everyone has different ideas about the top 3. All 3 will be available at the 5th pick unless there’s a trade and the patriots can match any trade because they have the 5th pick

1. It was never about taking a QB….it was about amassing more assets trading back.

2. They win out, and likely get #8 pick.

Zappe > Mac. You were all wrong.
Yep, I hate to say it (even though I’ve been saying it since last year), not starting Zappe in that Bears game last year is Belichick’s worst decision of all-time. I don’t want him fired, but I would say I wouldn’t necessarily disagree if you told me you were firing Belichick because he gave Mac Jones legitimately the longest leash of all time.

Mac Jones has literally sent this franchise into a tailspin.

-There is zero doubt had Zappe started the Bears game and moving forward we would have made the playoffs last year. We would have won at least one of the Vikings, Bengals, or Raiders games.

-Destroyed Patricia’s reputation and cost him his job. People forget the offense looked good last year when Zappe got the start.

-Cost us at least being in the competition for a playoff spot this year.

-Ultimately, and most importantly, Mac Jones is apparently going to cost Bill Belichick his job.

I stand behind my plan I posted in the main game day thread:

Zappe as the starter in 2024 + draft Joe Alt + sign Mike Evans + keep Onwenu, Henry, Bourne, see what happens
I think my other issue here:

I’m not so sure paying a ton for a 30+ year old WR is a great idea. I also doubt Evans would want to come to a shaky QB situation.

Go after Higgins or Pittman, much younger guys with WR1 upside.

I am a fan of Maye. But are we sure he’s a can’t miss prospect?
Definitely not. That’s why I’m down for taking the wins if we can get them. That helps get the team pointed in the right direction and helps in free agency. There are QBs in the 2nd and 3rd worth a shot with some development for a year if they play Zappe in 2024.

They try and sell us that Zappe was the guy all along.

Zappe. The same guy they cut.

He hasn't played Anyone that matters and when he did the chiefs smoked him.
Who is “trying to sell you”
Pittsburg and Denver both were playing for their playoff life. 2 of 3 vs contender is pretty good.
Wait til they beat buffalo next week and your head explodes

Functional works as a bridge qb heading into next season.
I would agree but if that's the direction I can live with a 2nd round QB and a 4th rounder as long as they don't eff up the rest of the picks. For example no defense, all offense specifically line and wr

I didn’t realize the box score where Barmore had 3 sacks.

Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

I'm speechless how long and wrong the Mac Jones experiment was. Full of excuses on Mac full of sack. It's a bit disheartening where our QB is going to come from. We need major help is scouting and drafting. Great win tonight with a decimated bunch. Franchise Henry

I really think Kraft forced Mac on Bill. No other explanation.

McCorkle might as well stay in Colorado.

I was on the road so had to listen to the game on Sirius XM. The NFL channel had the Broncos feed, and they spent the entire game talking like they were seeing vintage Patriots. Tremendous respect for Belichick, statements like ”no team in the NFL is better at halftime adjustments“, etc.

very refreshing to hear such positive comments especially from the opponent’s broadcast team.

Who is “trying to sell you”
Pittsburg and Denver both were playing for their playoff life. 2 of 3 vs contender is pretty good.
Wait til they beat buffalo next week and your head explodes

Pats should be winning their next two games. The time for the tank is over.

I'm talking about Robert who's gonna come in here and clean house and hide some fancy offensive name no one heard of or worse give the job to Mayo.

Then they'll be telling us it's Zappes to lose.
They have to move up.

No choice

It's impossible. Why would Washington pass on a QB prospect of their own?

The giants and titans both need a QB as well.

Without a top 2 pick I see no reason for the Patriots to even consider a QB in the first round.

Who they gonna spend it on? A bunch of 30 year old wideouts? With no one to throw to them?

It's not just About the QB prospect. This also cost them potentially 5 drafting slots per round.

If Bill is here, he's gonna trade out anyway.
Resigning the amazing players that we DO have...

The funny thing is people are crying because we’re not tanking, but if you read the “which qb should we take??” Thread, everyone has different ideas about the top 3. All 3 will be available at the 5th pick unless there’s a trade and the patriots can match any trade because they have the 5th pick
??all three will be available at 5.
Caleb will go 1 to Bears
Many analysts say he would have been picked before Trevor Lawrence if they came out the same year.

Maye could drop to 3 or 4.

None of them are guaranteed to be elite...that is true.

Pats are likely not going to pick in top 4 especially if they beat the Jets

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back