PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

This is the value deal we missed out on, he was one of the value vet signings on my wishlist.

Three-year, $24 million contract at first glance, probably looks a lot better once the guaranteed money is announced.

Bienienmy obviously knew what the Chiefs thought about Wylie behind the scenes.

Chiefs have best QB by far . yet they continue investing heavy in OL.
OL is the key . teams that get this were playing in Feb

Two of the top 4 tackles off the board. Going to be disappointed if the Pats don't add Brown or McGary at this point. Brown seems unlikely to stay in KC but Chicago is in a prime spot to outbid now.
One factor in the Pats favor on Brown is the personal connection. Belichick coached his dad and loved him, Brown Jr. has made it no secret how much he idolized his dad and is trying to follow his advice including being a LT. Playing for the coach who gave his dad his opportunity, Belichick promising him LT, and being competitive with the money might be all that’s needed.

Should have invested in a better player than the one they just signed.

This is why they are a scrub franchise with only 3 rings. Baffling decisions like this one.

Yup, this is why I wanted a top tier tackle in free agency and with the 14th pick.

No thank you

No Way Do Not Want GIF

I mean if Jeudy is the player the Broncos drafted #15 but is not in the "right system" AND Thornton becomes one as well, then YES!!!!!. But there has to be a REASON why no one bite on shot at him at the deadline. There has to be a REASON Denver is so eager to trade him. What is it? Also Thornton has got to make a HUGE jump to justify his draft pick in my mind. I was horrified at his 3 cone time which well worse than Mac's and saw no explosiveness from him last year.

"on paper" it would LOOK good I'm just worried the end result wouldn't equal the hype. That being said. If we can do it for something less than a 2 and 5, then sign me UP
There's nothing special about Juedy at all... he's largely overrated hype.

The WR we want from Denver in trade is Sutton, he was that teams true #1 and they sucked at passing the ball.

The pats competition for orlando brown is the bears & who else? The bears also had a rookie who played well at LT last year. The texans, giants, raiders have franchise LTs. Not alot of teams out there that can afford him rn

The WR we want from Denver in trade is Sutton, he was that teams true #1 and they sucked at passing the ball.
He really hasn't been the same since tearing his ACL. I'd pass unless the price was amazing

The pats competition for orlando brown is the bears & who else? The texans, giants, raiders have franchise LTs. Not alot of teams out there that can afford him rn
Seems like Texans might trade Tunsil, but if they did so I doubt they would turn around and pay big money to Brown.

I think Jeudy runs some of the best routes in the league, where Sutton is more of a contested catch guy. I prefer Jeudy.

Seems like the sizzle has left the FA market pretty quickly...

I think Jeudy runs some of the best routes in the league, where Sutton is more of a contested catch guy. I prefer Jeudy.
I don't want to trade for either frankly, use Thornton, Marcus Jones, Bourne, Parker, bring Tre Nixon up and draft another guy.

WR gets so overrated every offseason it's not funny.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back