PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Well, even when the Pats were winning championships, they, like every team in the draft, made FA mistakes and drafting mistakes. But, if you look at other teams, even the really good ones, they have lots of misses too.

The difference was for us, and is now, the almost all best teams have elite talent at QB. If they do not, then they have elite D lines and elite skill position players. Right now, NE has not much in the way of elite talent. Judon is close, Rhamondre is not elite, but radically outplaying his salary, Marcus Jones is outperforming his salary considerably- but the overall talent is meh. It’s really hard to improve your talent base through FA. It is easier to do through trades and the draft. Usually, to really improve it in the draft, you have to be bad, not mediocre, but straight up bad, got 2-3 years. I am not optimistic, but I am not angry. It was an amazing run- but we are far from legit Super Bowl talent. We might catch lightning in a bottle and make s deep run with some upsets- but we are far from sustainable excellence.
Agree and spot on assessment.. I'll also like to add that.. and I'll say this.. dare I say this without posters attacking lol.. 12 was the sole reason we're able to overcome the draft bust. Totally understand teams do have draft bust..

The thing with us is we had elite talent at the most important position.. I'm so fortunate and thankfull for brady.. the guy was the ultimate humble superstar.. I mentioned Brady becuase we were always elite at qb we could get away with the missed drafts and occasional FAs that didn't work out.. Joe Galloway , Ocho to name a few.

Now I personally feel the team is going to maximize Marcus, Jack, rham while all on thier rook deals.. Mac as well while on rookie deals.. rham will be so beat up by the end of his if we keep riding him.. I believe he's trending towards becoming elite.. the guy made plays out of nothing at times Last season.. those are traits in great players..

Judon definitely is elite.. the guy gets doubled and tripled still puts pressure on QBs.. his presence allows uche ,barmore and others to collapse the pocket..

We are still rebuilding..as last season it was stunted a bit, but we've righted some wrongs with coaching did a few things so far in FA.. still feel the best is yet to come.

I often find myself replaying some of the games from the championship years just to remind me how good it was..

It's a shame we never moved for AJ Brown when we had the chance. The dude is a Pats fan who cried when we passed on him

You're assuming the Pats had the chance. What makes you think that the Pats were even approached?

All we need is the Chiefs to have a defense to compliment that offense.
Let me ask an good poster like yourself.. to me.. the Chiefs offense looks the the Brady offense?

Let me ask a good poster like yourself.. to me.. the Chiefs offense looks the the Brady offense?
The Chiefs offense is incredibly difficult to stop.
Hill was traded they just incorporated Ju Ju and Mahommes ran more of a ball control offense with high percentage passes.
Kelce was Able to turn those 14 yd plays to 19 or 20 and Ju Ju was a huge part of the YAC.
They drafted Sky Moore who flashed on some plays and traded for another YAC monster who never panned out with the Giants but Kelce called the most gifted athlete he’s seen and also football smart and great sharp kid.

If the Chiefs bring in a spark plug like McKenzie or sign a stud like OBJ.
That offense could be great.

Now none of the these players equal the 2007 Patriots but incredibly impressive passing attack.

They seems to hit the jackpot with their Rookie back out of Rutgers kid is a freak.
Now what kept teams in games is the Chiefs defense not being able to keep points off the board and thankfully for the rest of the NFL they do not have corners that can win on a island.

If the Chiefs fix that we are just living in the Chiefs championship window which could last at least 5 years.

Hill was traded they just incorporated Ju Ju and Mahommes ran more of a ball control offense with high percentage passes.
Kelce was Able to turn those 14 yd plays to 19 or 20 and Ju Ju was a huge part of the YAC.
They drafted Sky Moore who flashed on some plays and traded for another YAC monster who never panned out with the Giants but Kelce called the most gifted athlete he’s seen and also football smart and great sharp kid.

Now none of the these players equal the 2007 Patriots but incredibly impressive passing attack.

They seems to hit the jackpot with their Rookie back out of Rutgers kid is a freak.
Now what kept teams in games is the Chiefs defense not being able to keep points off the board and thankfully for the rest of the NFL they do not have corners that can win on a island.

If the Chiefs fix that we are just living in the Chiefs championship window which could last at least 5 years.
Moore didn’t flash. He was a total non-factor.

It goes without saying that an injury to Mahomes would be devastating for them. Barring that, as long as Kelce is healthy, their offense will continue to be potent. He has been remarkably durable. On the other hand, if Kelce suffers a major injury, it is likely that the Chief’s offense will precipitously decline in effectiveness, even if they sign OBJ.

Well put my friend, well put!!

That's a dam good explanation and understanding of the Chiefs offense.. I don't even think I can add anything to it lol

I have little doubt that these 2 are the same guy lol
Beyonce Mirror GIF

Ian actually checks for these sorts of things, but I understand where you guys are coming from.

Ian actually checks for these sorts of things, but I understand where you guys are coming from.
Difficult to check with a VPN though.

I'm me he's him lol.. were aren't the same posters. It is funny when posters actually agree with each other.. these types of things get mentioned.. lol

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back