PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

No worries at all brother! I was just asking to see what people may have thought as to if anything may have been brewing.. I know we have to make cap room to sign out draft picks ect.. most definitely I Know BB will always try to do whatever is best for the team.

I'll say I'm actually happy so far with retaining some guys and signing juju and I really like gisikie myself and zappe hour were asking got him and we got him lol.

Agreed! Jo Jones definitely steps into more a that leadership role. I'm sure you have seen me make mention.. a guy like Murphy-bunting would be excellent for us.. I don't think he would be too expensive.. I feel right now our biggest need is CB depth.. love our safeties I know I get down on Bryant as well but when he has played the depth safety role he hasn't been bad.. it's the slot CB position that's not his Forte..
Could definitely use some CB depth but I think I'd prefer to add that through the draft and maybe add a vet FS. Adding a Murphy Bunting fills a CB slot that I'd want Jack or Marcus Jones to grow into so I'd rather draft another young CB to compete and best man wins next man is the depth.

Eagles getting a talent drain.
I think they may make several trades in the draft.
They are decimated at linebacker and D end.
It's a shame we never moved for AJ Brown when we had the chance. The dude is a Pats fan who cried when we passed on him

Look prick , play nice.. maybe you need to find another hobby all u do is argue with people on here with your BS ass website information no one has ever heard of..
CBS and the draft combine??

Could definitely use some CB depth but I think I'd prefer to add that through the draft and maybe add a vet FS. Adding a Murphy Bunting fills a CB slot that I'd want Jack or Marcus Jones to grow into so I'd rather draft another young CB to compete and best man wins next man is the depth.
Jack is a perimeter CB love him! Marcus I believe will either end up being in the slot as he's better suited there.. Jones may play safety possibly.. he's played at safety before... I made mention of having another big CB as we can match him up on bug WRs.. if I had it my way Marcus would be on offense and STs.. either way he needs to have the ball in his hands..

We struck gold last season with CB, I'm definitely all for drafting as well..

It's a shame we never moved for AJ Brown when we had the chance. The dude is a Pats fan who cried when we passed on him
As did Deebo.
It’s almost unforgivable.
To come out of that with Harry drafted prior to all that elite talent.
If I was Kraft I would have fired any scouts who were involved with that pick.
Then write a blank check to the niners and titans wr scouts.
But that’s me.

if I had it my way Marcus would be on offense
Do people understand that if Marcus gets injured playing a position he isn’t familiar with (WR) then our starting PR and possibly starting slot CB is out? Marcus has had multiple shoulder surgeries on his 5’8” frame. We’re not talking about 6’4” 260 lbs Vrable here. He’s almost 100 lbs lighter.

How did Logan Ryan do in Tampa last year?

Still worthwhile as a depth option?

As did Deebo.
But that’s me.

Ugh. Can we not keep rehashing the same draft mistakes every offseason? Everyone agrees that drafting Harry in lieu of Deebo or Brown was a major ****-up. Time to move past it. It’s not relevant to this offseason or this thread.

I didn’t see these details posted on here.
It’s interesting i thought Pats made a pretty strong financial commitment to Robinson.
However with this information it shines a different light,

Jack is a perimeter CB love him! Marcus I believe will either end up being in the slot as he's better suited there.. Jones may play safety possibly.. he's played at safety before... I made mention of having another big CB as we can match him up on bug WRs.. if I had it my way Marcus would be on offense and STs.. either way he needs to have the ball in his hands..

We struck gold last season with CB, I'm definitely all for drafting as well..
I take his play at WR and Returner as indication of him just being a skilled football player and I look forward to seeing this shine through at his natural position and I expect him to develop into a shut down corner. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I'm really excited for him at corner.

Jack also looked really good at times as a rook. And Jonathan has been a great slot for us and really stepped up last year on the outside when we really needed it.

It's a bit of a concern that they are all similar size but it is what is. I expect they'll be out top 3 corners and as long as Jack and Marcus take year 2 leaps I think their skill will far outweigh their size.

I take his play at WR and Returner as indication of him just being a skilled football player and I look forward to seeing this shine through at his natural position and I expect him to develop into a shut down corner. Maybe I'm jumping the gun but I'm really excited for him at corner.

Jack also looked really good at times as a rook. And Jonathan has been a great slot for us and really stepped up last year on the outside when we really needed it.

It's a bit of a concern that they are all similar size but it is what is. I expect they'll be out top 3 corners and as long as Jack and Marcus take year 2 leaps I think their skill will far outweigh their size.
Releasing Mills was surprising due to his solid play, size his attitude and the fact that his cap wasn’t huge in any universe.

It makes me wonder if they believe my binkie Wade will have a bigger role, or maybe a transition to more of a zone system which will require quick feet and hips which Mills could be exposed in zone.

As did Deebo.
But that’s me.
It goes back to Curran mentioning how the last few drafts prior to Mac obviously we're underwhelming by RKs standards.. that coach would repeatedly ignore the findings of the draft scouts.. it's almost unbelievable that we kept missing on WRs.. So other teams can draft them but we couldn't.. seems odd huh..

I didn’t see these details posted on here.
It’s interesting i thought Pats made a pretty strong financial commitment to Robinson.
However with this information it shines a different light,

Was there outrage about Robinson’s contract to begin with?? Must’ve missed that.

After seeing Juju’s initial contract number reduced, I’m actually really happy with all of the contracts we’ve given out so far. Nothing egregious at all. A lot of incentive based contracts.

Even if Juju flames out here, the contract itself isn’t that bad. No Jonnu Smith contracts that we almost feel chained with.

Releasing Mills was surprising due to his solid play, size his attitude and the fact that his cap wasn’t huge in any universe.

It makes me wonder if they believe my binkie Wade will have a bigger role, or maybe a transition to more of a zone system which will require quick feet and hips which Mills could be exposed in zone.
I feel that mills realease was strictly health and availability related.. probably was asked about a contract restructure and didn't want to do so is my guess?

Was there outrage about Robinson’s contract to begin with?? Must’ve missed that.

After seeing Juju’s initial contract number reduced, I’m actually really happy with all of the contracts we’ve given out so far. Nothing egregious at all. A lot of incentive based contracts.

Even if Juju flames out here, the contract itself isn’t that bad. No Jonnu Smith contracts that we almost feel chained with.
No, not an outrage I just felt if we were giving Robinson 4 mill a season we must be a strong believer in his play and that intrigued me.
A player who has had impressive spurts in a spot where we just invested some draft capital.
Now after seeing this contract it shows the deal isn’t as big a financial commitment as it appeared on first glance.

No, not an outrage I just felt if we were giving Robinson 4 mill a season we must be a strong believer in his play and that intrigued me.
A player who has had impressive spurts in a spot where we just invested some draft capital.
Now after seeing this contract it shows the deal isn’t as big a financial commitment as it appeared on first glance.
$4M max per season. Everyone knows "max" means nothing. Not sure how you were the only one who didn't know that. Or maybe you simply like to fake outrage? You enjoy reviewing WR draft mistakes over and over and over for more fake outrage? Seems to be a pattern ....................

I like that idea! Marcus could become great a good slot corner.. however imagine this.. Marcus in slot on offense, Thornton on outside, juju at the X position, that speed if anything would have to be respected so DBs couldn't play press man.. that makes it easier for juju/Henry to go to work in the middle of the field.

I like jo Jones as well he was solid on the outside, but overmatched against elite WR'S.. not his fault jack was hurt so he had to fill that void.. I was beating the Ramsey drum for a while as well.. I went ballistic when he was had for a 3rd rounder.. lol. I'm now hopeful for Murphy-bunting.. 6ft, strong, young, great cover skills.. It's really annoys me that we have no answer for diggs..

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back