PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Mason is a Houston Texan. So much for the idea of getting him back. Lol oh well

I feel bad for Shaq that he is just bouncing around the league towards the end of his career. He went from a dynasty to a team that had a shot at the Super Bowl to a disaster complete rebuild.

You think they should show urgency to sign bad deals?
This is a nothing post. It means zero. I just want to know which deals those teams signed were bad. Which fan wants them to make bad deals? None. People are antsy to see them spend money and add talent to the team and you're equating that to a hurry to sign players to bad deals. Don't be cynical.

I feel bad for Shaq that he is just bouncing around the league towards the end of his career. He went from a dynasty to a team that had a shot at the Super Bowl to a disaster complete rebuild.

He's got 2 rings, he's good.

If you're comfortable with Mills at safety and Jack Jones as a fulltime outside corner with Bryant/Marcus Jones in the slot, that's fine. I think it's a massive downgrade from last year's secondary unless the rookies make a huge jump. Mills is better at corner.

I think the slow WR market bodes well for Meyers returning. And I'd also be happy to grab Gesicki or Shultz.
Then, re-sign Harris & Peppers & Ekuale - all of them should come back on very low, team-friendly deals.
He just signed with the raiders!!

It's infuriating that the Pats wouldn't match/beat this offer.

Agreed, so if I'm right it's a little over 10 million a season? He joins adams, waller.. he'll be getting plenty of balls his way..

I thought he was someone Bill might have liked. We might be the other team.
My Spidey sense is tingling, that the Patriots are the other team. Lazard has a ridiculous height/speed combination and a is guy who may still have some untapped production potential. He played well last year against the Pats (6/116), which always seems to peak Bill’s interest. The other team is probably just being used to drive up the Jets price. If Rodgers is indeed moving on to NJ and told the Jets to go get Lazard, the Jets likely aren’t going to allow themselves to be outbid.

They should show no urgency to sign bad deals. I know everyone like flashy names but every dollar you overspend is a dollar you are short follongbother needs. The key is balancing patience with what’s available, not urgency to just do something even if it’s wrong.
yes everyone gushed over smith and henry and now not so much. let it play out.

what a surprise again poaching Josh in action

11M/Year is not that much, wondering what BB is up to
Obviously, everyone hopes that it's Juju/OBJ or Hopkins/Jeudy but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a guy like Mac Hollins and someone in the draft.

I could also see them adding another quality tight end because it's better value than the receiver market.

EIther way this is some bull ****.

Roquan is the trade/extension I WISH the Pats had been able to pull off. He's worth every penny in the right D. This might sound counterintuitive, but when a guy performs on an otherwise mediocre defense, I see that as special (Smith in Chicago). When a guy performs well on a well-oiled defense (Edmunds in Buffalo), I discount it just a bit.

Again, just a bit - I wish the Pats had landed Edmunds, but at a lower price than he got.

That's why I would have been a bit queasy about the Georgia defenders in the draft last year. Still thought there were a few blue chippers there, but also that there might have been a couple of hangers-on whose numbers looked great because of the overwhelming talent of the true grade A players.
Sounds like you're describing Vincent the Undertaker Brown. I loved the guy who played for the Kiam Patriots, he was near the top of the league in tackles every year. Great performer on one of the worst defenses ever.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back