PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

No way I trade #14 for Jeudy even after a trade down. The Patriots NEVER get a chance to select a premium player. The guy we get at #24 is not nearly the same caliber as the guy we get at #14. That's how the first round works.

Would you use #14 for Zay Flowers?

No way I trade #14 for Jeudy even after a trade down. The Patriots NEVER get a chance to select a premium player. The guy we get at #24 is not nearly the same caliber as the guy we get at #14. That's how the first round works.
Sure thing. Although trade down seems reasonable sometimes, this time I want to use our 14th pick to select best available player. Personally I prefer CB/OT player. We badly need talents, game changer in many positions to compete with our divisional rivals.

Would you use #14 for Zay Flowers?
JSN and Zay don't have the top end speed that other recent smaller or slight receivers who have gone in the top 15. They aren't like Olave, Garrett Wilson, Waddle, etc.

They are more like some of the excellent 2nd round WRs who have hit big, but they are taken in the 2nd rd. for a reason. Because they also have high bust potential.

I think one of the top 3 tackles, top 3 CBs will be there at #14. Especially at CB, we're not likely to find those types later on.

Agholor's deal isn't much at all - all it shows is how stupidly overpaid he was to come to the Pats.
Another epic fail by BB the GM.
I can't say it enough. BB the coach is the GOAT, and I believe can still run a coaching staff and win.
But, BB the GM has lost something the last 10 years, this generation doesn't work like 30 years ago.

Agholor's deal isn't much at all - all it shows is how stupidly overpaid he was to come to the Pats.
Another epic fail by BB the GM.
I can't say it enough. BB the coach is the GOAT, and I believe can still run a coaching staff and win.
But, BB the GM has lost something the last 10 years, this generation doesn't work like 30 years ago.
The Agholor deal was just bad; not epically bad. Many of here in 2021 wanted the Pats to go after Golladay, Corey Davis or trade for the franchised Allen Robinson- all of whom did little after their signings. (I really thought Robinson would be great. I was really, really wrong.) The are a lot of FA busts, especially at WR. Hard to know how folks are really going to compete once they get paid.

Those posters continue to hammer the Agholor’s failure, but rarely acknowledge that their ideas/ desires were equally terrible. I fidnt like the signing, but my trading for Robinson idea would have cost both a contract and draft capital- so it would have been significantly worse.

Sure thing. Although trade down seems reasonable sometimes, this time I want to use our 14th pick to select best available player. Personally I prefer CB/OT player. We badly need talents, game changer in many positions to compete with our divisional rivals.
I’m sure I will get blasted for this but oh well. In total agreement on taking bpa at 14. Other than OT, I don’t see a glaring need (not saying we wouldn’t like upgrades at WR/CB/etc…) on the roster. Take the best player at that point. I do think we need to come out of the 14/46 picks with a starting caliber OT though.

Can't objectively pick a staff, but can manage them once they're there :evil:
When BB brought Patricia back to NE he coddled him like a newborn and then promoted him so expeditiously that even Stephen and Brian got jealous. A year later he's on the street and probably unemployable in the NFL.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back