PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

IMO Bill and Payton are good friends. More so then just a coaching fraternity thing. Hopefully that helps in the Jeudy negotiations.

IMO Bill and Payton are good friends. More so then just a coaching fraternity thing. Hopefully that helps in the Jeudy negotiations.
This is a good point. That's how Patricia got that "interview" for the Broncos DC position.

IMO Bill and Payton are good friends. More so than just a coaching fraternity thing. Hopefully that helps in the Jeudy negotiations.

Hmm here’s hoping.

I have a feeling we swing for Jeudy and leave with Sutton.

You are comparing him to Jonnu Smith. Ok. I think we can be sure now.
i understan you missed the Point because it does not fit your opinion
Don’t let facts get in your way

i understan you missed the Point because it does not fit your opinion
Don’t let facts get in your way
I have no interest in a discussion about the value of a receiver based upon being better than Jonnu Smith. And you should not be at all surprised that this makes it appear you have no point.
I was extremely clear in my assessment of Old Beckham Jr. He has not been a top tier receiver for almost 4 years, and the fact that he had one very good game in that timeframe doesn’t move the needle for me. Nelson Agholor has had 4 100 yard games in the time that Beckham had 1.
I have already told you that you have every right to place whatever importance you want on that one game and ignore the longer trend.
For some reason though, you don’t seem to want to have your opinion and accept that I have mine, and seem to want to argue about something that you have absolutely zero chance of changing my mind on, especially from the angle you are arguing ( better than Jonnu smith for crissakes)

If they don't trade him, they have to either exercise or decline his 5th year option. In the former scenario, they're on the hook for 12+ next year; in the latter, his trade values drops precipitously.
I do agree: if he's the next true #1 in the league, why not hold on for dear life. That said, they're paying Sutton now and need draft picks with Wilson's CAP hit exploding.
If he is a stud receiver why would Denver have any concern about his 5th year option? We are supposed to not. If they prefer Sutton AND whoever they would pair with him over keeping him at 2.6 mill that really makes me wonder if they know something about him we don’t.
No chance that if this guy is a “#1” WR they would be in a hurry to dump him and the apparent lack of interest is telling too.

That just gives you two Nick Folks. They both have limited FG range and don’t kick off.
Considering Folk was 4-5 on FGs of over 50 yards last year with a long of 54 yards I'm not sure I'd consider him to have terribly 'limited FG range'.

That's quite the cap hit for a team with a bunch of holes to fill

I swear if we misplay this and lose him
I wonder if we called on Highins?
Be prepared, they are not going to overpay, and someone else will. The guy is good, but he's not great. He is not the difference between a SB and going 8-9.

A punter and kicker incoming R5 or R6 in the draft. Seems to be a few good punters this year. Saw Moody as a R4 pick but I think R4 is too rich.
So Bill will definitely do at least R4.

Be prepared, they are not going to overpay, and someone else will. The guy is good, but he's not great. He is not the difference between a SB and going 8-9.
Look who his QBs have been,
I just think the Mac Jerry relationship is valuable.
If Mac is your guy bring in his boy.
Think about the Brady, Welker the. Brady, Edelman, the Brady Branch connection.
He knew there routes there habits he would throw the ball before they broke off on the route timing was perfect.
That’s how that offense was so deadly.
If Mac and Jerry have any rapport remotely like that it’s worth the second plus in my opinion.
Vs drafting a receiver and it’s a crap shoot.
Jerry was a previous first round pick who hasn’t scratched his surface out of a program that has brought so many top rated wrs.
He’s had no disciplinary or attitude issues and was coached by Saban.
This is a sure a thing as we will get in the draft and the only reasons he maybe available the Broncos need picks, and Payton has been able to develop WRs like Bill has defensive backs.

If the Jets get Odell and continue to piece together a very solid offense to complement their defense, it'll be interesting to see how well they do, or if they completely squander it as per tradition.

Still think that Corey Davis can help some team, including ours.

If he is a stud receiver why would Denver have any concern about his 5th year option? We are supposed to not. If they prefer Sutton AND whoever they would pair with him over keeping him at 2.6 mill that really makes me wonder if they know something about him we don’t.
No chance that if this guy is a “#1” WR they would be in a hurry to dump him and the apparent lack of interest is telling too.
I agree, as I said in the last sentence. Falling in love with a name is a dangerous game - if Jeudy is the next great thing, Denver wouldn't get rid of him. And making excuses for the guy (coaching, QB) only goes so far - and would certainly apply to the players the same people want shipped out of our town.

Agholor wasn't used like he was in his best season, when he was the long ball catcher from Carr.
Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry saw minimal targets, and neither were ever known as great blockers.

I think Jeudy will be a really good receiver if he can stay healthy - borderline 1/2. He's got all the tools. But I wouldn't part with pick 14 for him. No way.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back