PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Do you remember when Hooper was a force with the Falcons?

View attachment 50553
Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Animated GIF

Phillip Dorsett,
OJ Howard
Austin Hooper
Jimmy G

It’s like Josh is like I don’t care about speed I just need people who listen to the same music I do and enjoys the nickel slots and the occasional trip to the library.
No tik toks just tic tac toe.
No YOLO just Jello.
Fans want him gone and tarred and feathered.

Phillip Dorsett,
OJ Howard
Austin Hooper
Jimmy G

It’s like Josh is like I don’t care about speed I just need people who listen to the same music I do and enjoys the nickel slots and the occasional trip to the library.
No YOLO just Jello.
This feels like a play straight out of the Patriots-coordinator-turned-head-coach playbook. The final play almost always ends with them fired.

This feels like a play straight out of the Patriots-coordinator-turned-head-coach playbook. The final play almost always ends with them fired.

They also signed Cam Sims not a huge signing solid depth guy.
I think the Raiders are trying to be a bunch of over achievers try hard.

Phillip Dorsett,
OJ Howard
Austin Hooper
Jimmy G

No YOLO just Jello.
Mmm....looks like a team from history , does McD have a DeLorean

They are high on unnecessarily giving away Uche in a trade? I don’t share their enthusiasm.
No way I’m giving up Uche for Deandre and a third?
That’s a robbery.
I’d consider Judon and a third for Jeudy.
But I would prefer to hold on to both him and Uche.

They are high on unnecessarily giving away Uche in a trade? I don’t share their enthusiasm.

Uche is the kind of guy you keep at least through the first half of this year. Then, if the season is going well, you keep him for your own run, let him rack up a payday in FA next season and grab your 3rd round comp pick. If the season ISN'T going well, you trade him at the deadline for a king's ransom to a team who wants a pass rusher for a playoff run. No way you trade a guy like him before the season starts, even if you fully expect not to be able to re-sign him after 2023, IMO.

Uche is the kind of guy you keep at least through the first half of this year. Then, if the season is going well, you keep him for your own run, let him rack up a payday in FA next season and grab your 3rd round comp pick. If the season ISN'T going well, you trade him at the deadline for a king's ransom to a team who wants a pass rusher for a playoff run. No way you trade a guy like him before the season starts, even if you fully expect not to be able to re-sign him after 2023, IMO.
I don’t see any reason we couldn’t resign him we don’t have one superstar taking up 20 percent of the cap.

with all the cap next year we have, i don't see them getting any comp picks

No way I’m giving up Uche for Deandre and a third?
That’s a robbery.
I’d consider Judon and a third for Jeudy.
But I would prefer to hold on to both him and Uche.
i would not trade away a cornerstone of our defense for a WR while we still have 4 capable WR with bourne parker JuJu and Thornton. Thornton could possible break out and get more targets, we added a pass catching TE in Gesicki, in addition we have now a real OC so i would expect the offense gets back on track if we may add a day 1/2 OT pick.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back