PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Official 2023 Free Agency Thread

Don't Henry if cut saves us $10Mill? or we could extend Judon.
Yup, cutting Henry would fit Hopkins in. Not sure if I like that approach, seems like it would lock us into drafting a TE early (which may make sense anyway given this year’s draft talent), but it may make sense.

Yup, cutting Henry would fit Hopkins in. Not sure if I like that approach, seems like it would lock us into drafting a TE early (which may make sense anyway given this year’s draft talent), but it may make sense.
Nice deep class for that I am sure BOB have his eyes on one. Gesicki is better than H Henry.

I know he's soon going to be 31 but D-Hop would make us a Contender in the AFC. The younger guys like Thornton and Bourne can learn from that crafty vet. I don't think any Team can beat us to him if we really want him we just have to dangle that Third Rounder. No Third Rounder can do what D-Hop could potentially do for us: a Trade and a Two year extension.
Yeah if Mac steps up and we sign a receiver that the other team actually has to plan for - we can compete for sure. Remember Allen before and after Stefon Diggs.

I've seen people say there's no point signing an ageing WR... but actually, with a great head coach and D, if we can get the O clicking, then why not go "all in" with a DHop signing?

Especially with BB being fairly close to retiring, I respect that he is sticking to his future proof philosophy, but for his own good perhaps he should throw caution to the wind now if he wants to win one without Tom.

They have a better OL already with more Players to come via the Draft. With the recent OC and OL Coaching changes and him getting an early start on the Offseason I think Mac is going to do very well. Also they are putting playmakers around him which is what Mac needs.

In other words, it's wait and see at this point. Mac needs to improve his decisionmaking before the pats can be considered a contender. Assuming Rodgers to Jets gets done, the Pats have the fourth best QB situation in the AFCE.

In other words, it's wait and see at this point. Mac needs to improve his decisionmaking before the pats can be considered a contender. Assuming Rodgers to Jets gets done, the Pats have the fourth best QB situation in the AFCE.
we agree, just wanted to point this out, an OT at this point would improve our offense more than another WR and help mac more imo.

Put legit Talent around Mac and I am more than hopeful there was nothing wrong with his decision making his Rookie year. He has Real OC this time around I expect Big things with very good Talent around him.

Last edited:
Nice deep class for that I am sure BOB have his eyes on one. Gesicki is better than H Henry.
By what metric is Gesicki better than Henry?

Not in TDs.
Not in Yards.
Not in 1st Downs.

Mike Gesicki:
1679411460000.png1679411427959.png

Hunter Henry: Played 8 more games.
1679411507249.png
1679411530832.png

Gesicki -
Targets - 370
T/G - 4.6
Rec - 231
Rec/Game - 2.85
Yards - 2617
Y/G - 32.3
TDs - 18
1st Down - 128

Henry -
Targerts - 418
T/G - 4.7
Rec - 287
R/G - 3.22
Yards - 3434
Y/G - 38.6
TDs - 32
1st Down - 190

Gesicki is also a horrendous blocker. Henry is better, so dumping him to fit in DHop isn't the answer. If you want to move Parker or Bourne and a 2 or a 3rd for Hopkins then thats fine.

By what metric is Gesicki better than Henry?

Not in TDs.
Not in Yards.
Not in 1st Downs.

Mike Gesicki:
View attachment 50567View attachment 50566

Hunter Henry: Played 8 more games.
View attachment 50568
View attachment 50569

Gesicki -
Targets - 370
T/G - 4.6
Rec - 231
Rec/Game - 2.85
Yards - 2617
Y/G - 32.3
TDs - 18
1st Down - 128

Henry -
Targerts - 418
T/G - 4.7
Rec - 287
R/G - 3.22
Yards - 3434
Y/G - 38.6
TDs - 32
1st Down - 190
Nitpick much DB?? Well Gesicki have 70 and and 40 receiving long. I believe Gesicki will be a better Patriot so there.

Gesicki is also a horrendous blocker. Henry is better, so dumping him to fit in DHop isn't the answer. If you want to move Parker or Bourne and a 2 or a 3rd for Hopkins then thats fine.
only marginal or to say, Henry isn't a good blocking TE either. That's not why we have them.

Put legit Talent around Mac and I am more than hopeful there was nothing wrong with his decision making his Rookie year. He has Real OC this time around I expect Bi things with very good Talent around him.

The potential is there, but too early too early to tell. Right now, in the AFC, the pats are behind the chiefs, bengals, bills, dolphins, chargers, jaguars, ravens, and possibly Jets.

4th best QB maybe, 4th best QB situation? I don't know that I'd rather have the Dolphins or Jets QB situation right now

The potential is there, but too early too early to tell. Right now, in the AFC, the pats are behind the chiefs, bengals, bills, dolphins, chargers, jaguars, ravens, and possibly Jets.
They are behind those Teams in overall Talent on Offense they weren't that far on Defense. That's why getting a Hopkins or Jeudy really closes the gap on Offense and puts us well in the mix.

Nitpick much DB?? Well Gesicki have 70 and and 40 receiving long. I believe Gesicki will be a better Patriot so there.

ROFLMAO. It's not nitpicking to say you're talking out your arse when it comes to which player has been better to this point.

Miguel has us down to $14.55m in cap space, accounting for all the free agency activity to this point. Hopkins cap hit will be $19.45m. So if the Pats were to be in on this, they would need to make some more cap space immediately to fit him in. Alternatively, they can ask the Cardinals to do the restructuring and eat some of the cap space as part of the deal (what the Texans did with Cooks), but of course that will increase the trade compensation the Patriots will have to pay.

or the Cardinals agree to allow the Pats and Hopkins and his agent to workout a new deal that would be immediately signed as soon as the trade is sent to the league office. As long as they are still under the cap by the end of the day of a trade I think it's fine.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back