PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

At Fox he'd be traveling more

But no more Gisele to tie him at down home. He can work around the Fox schedule for quality time with his kids, who are getting older now anyway.

IMO Tom should hang it up, there isn't a good plug-and-play situation for him anywhere. San Fran would be closest but barring Purdy imploding they'd be stupid to bench him for one year of Brady. The Raiders don't have a strong enough defense. MAYBE Miami, but they'd need additional changes to figure Tom could put them over Buffalo. Titans could be an outlier. It depends on how badly Brady wants to play, but the question would be why: he has nothing left to prove and the only scenario making sense is with a solid contender.

Belichick was actually good at coaching defense though.
I don't think that Bowles is viewed as a bad defensive coach across the league. At least not as much as fans in this forum.

The Bucs defense under Bowles has been good. Gotta give credit where credit it due.

The Def allowed 22.2 in 2020, 20.8 in 2021 and 21.1 in 22.

This year they only allowed 37.4% on defense.

The defense is also aided or hindered by the offense. The offense this year was terrible, it was ranked 28th overall in TOP ave 28:54. Giving the opposing offenses more time to wear down the defense.

Despite all the woes TB still had a top 10 def.Def.

I'm not advocating for Bowles being a good HC but he is a good DC.

Lmao Bowles should want him back to cover his stupid ass. He'll barely win 3 games without Brady. Loser on the Jets, still a loser in Tampa. I rather he retire than suffer another season playing for that idiot

Let me just say, again, that my only reason for adding the question about Bowles is that the QB coach is gone. I've not heard, or seen, anything else that would in any way indicate that Bowles is not 100% in favor of a Brady return. Other than the QB coach issue, everything I've hear that would even possibly serve as an indicator falls on the side of Bowles wanting Brady back.

It's just that the other things I've seen/read/heard are mostly the sort of things that don't prove anything definitive as far as wanting Brady back(i.e. meetings with Brady, reports about him having issues with Leftwich's game planning and play calling from almost day one, etc...), even if they would seem to indicate that he's fine with Brady.

But no more Gisele to tie him at down home. He can work around the Fox schedule for quality time with his kids, who are getting older now anyway.

IMO Tom should hang it up, there isn't a good plug-and-play situation for him anywhere. San Fran would be closest but barring Purdy imploding they'd be stupid to bench him for one year of Brady. The Raiders don't have a strong enough defense. MAYBE Miami, but they'd need additional changes to figure Tom could put them over Buffalo. Titans could be an outlier. It depends on how badly Brady wants to play, but the question would be why: he has nothing left to prove and the only scenario making sense is with a solid contender.
He can still play at a high level. I think he'll regret retiring come next September when he's sitting in the Fox broadcast booth. LVR will be a good spot for him to at least blow up the box score for one or two more seasons.

He can still play at a high level. I think he'll regret retiring come next September when he's sitting in the Fox broadcast booth. LVR will be a good spot for him to at least blow up the box score for one or two more seasons.
Just realized super bowl is at allegiant next year. Maybe another home super bowl can entice him?

maybe if he's being adventurous another option is taking a year off but keep up with the conditioning/pliability stuff as if he's still playing, then see if there are qb ready teams (ahem Miami if Tua is riddled with injuries again or 49ers if Purdy falls off hard) next offseason and sign a 1 year deal. The market just isn't as good as 2020 this year. Not really sure if that's doable though. Technically Deshaun Watson had a year and a half off and looks meh, but would that be impossible for a vet like Brady?

Last edited:
Just realized super bowl is at allegiant next year. Maybe another home super bowl can entice him?
That's a fun fact. I think it makes Brady more attractive to LVR. I can see them going all in for a home Super Bowl.

maybe if he's being adventurous another option is taking a year off but keep up with the conditioning/pliability stuff as if he's still playing, then see if there are qb ready teams (ahem Miami if Tua is riddled with injuries again or 49ers if Purdy falls off hard) next offseason and sign a 1 year deal. The market just isn't as good as 2020 this year. Not really sure if that's doable though. Technically Deshaun Watson had a year and a half off and looks meh, but would that be impossible for a vet like Brady?

At his age you can't take a year off from the game and come back. Simply not gonna work.

At his age you can't take a year off from the game and come back. Simply not gonna work.
I guess. A year without getting beat up then coming back to get beat up at 47 sounds like a horrible idea. But if there's anyone who can do something like that I'd bet on Brady lol

The Raiders are super toxic and although the roster on offense looks great on paper, I feel like there's too much dysfunction there to entice TB12

Bucs had second-lowest average yards needed on third down and still struggled to move the chains:

Easy come, easy go.

Tom Curran's job is to pull stuff out his azz that triggers people. He got you.

So many people will be saying "remember those three years where I actually cared about Tampa?".

I'm wondering if firing the offensive coaching staff is any sort of incentive to get Brady to come back.

Like you, I think that ship has sailed, but if so, this means they're leaning into having Blowes lead their rebuild?

Oh, I forgot, no one gives a sh!t about Tampa any more.

That fandom was transactional, and the transaction appears to be over.

Gonna be funny to watch a bunch of people turn patsfans.com into a Raiders fan site then insist that they're the real fans.
A couple of questions.

Don't you believe that Curran is serious when he says that Blunder Bill deserves to finish his career in NE?
Do you think that fans who follow Tom Brady are not real Pats fans but Bill's rumpswabs are?

What's really funny is watching Pats fans turn on the greatest QB who ever played in favor of a pencil pushing HC who without Brady is Rex Ryan without the playoff wins.

I am a huge, proud Tom Brady fan based on what he did for the New England Patriots franchise. This clearly triggers you. Too bad.

Your attempts to shame people for following and supporting Tom Brady after he left the Patriots are 100% pathetic.
Maybe 110% pathetic.

Just look at how all of this baloney started;
1. A few fans (8 we were told) cried to a mod about all the Brady talk after Bill dumped him.
2. A separate Brady forum was formed to give Bill's supporters a safe space without the Brady talk.
3. That wasn't enough for some of them so they came here to troll. One poster even bragged about it.
4. While this was going on Brady was winning on a team with coaches that were constantly mocked by NE fans.
5. Brady winning his 7th SB put a damper on the ridiculous notion that Bill was anywhere near as important as Brady.
6. Then Bill decided to bring in cheap, unqualified offensive coaches while he waited for BOB, which it appears is still the hang up now.

Anyone who thinks that dumping Brady was the correct move for the Pats after all that we've seen since is blind as a bat.

And this Pats fan is ready to put one of Bill's favorite theories to work for his departure. Better too early than too late.

This guy gets it!! Why retire you can do this again
I’d play untill I was a bottom starting QB Tom is still top 10
Since Brady was dumped by my team he doesn't have to win for me to enjoy watching him play.

A couple of questions.

Don't you believe that Curran is serious when he says that Blunder Bill deserves to finish his career in NE?
I think a sports reporter's opinion is no different than anyone else's opinion. They are paid to gather information, not make stuff up. Well, that's how it used to work. Now they're hawt takez artists.

Do you think that fans who follow Tom Brady are not real Pats fans but Bill's rumpswabs are?
I think fans that follow the Patriots are Patriots fans, and fans that follow other teams aren't.

What's really funny is watching Pats fans turn on the greatest QB who ever played in favor of a pencil pushing HC who without Brady is Rex Ryan without the playoff wins.
So, you're still stuck in summer 2018 mode I see. I'm not going to go into that wayback machine. Both sides played a role in what happened back then. It is what it is. I'm glad Brady went to Tampa and won a Super Bowl. I'm glad he didn't stay on my team and repeat 2019 three more times. I'm disappointed in what has happened with the Pats this season, but it's a process. The Pats won as many games as Tampa did, so I guess Rex Ryan is on the Tampa sidelines these days.

FWIW

Yeah I can believe this. And it would make sense if Brady doesn't publicly decide until the start of the league year in March. Technically he's still under contract until then.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes