PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

I hear you but all quarterbacks get away with those throws so they would all have worse ratios if they were caught. But you're right. People move the goal posts as needed in order prove their preconceived concnclusions.

These INT less record streaks require a lot of luck, but at the same time, it cant be coincidental that Brady and Rodgers are the guys battling for the record. They also have two of the lowest career INT pct.

Even yesterday he throw a pick 6 when the Rams DL/LB, can't remember the player, undercut Godwin's route and had the ball bounce off his hands.
A pick 6 requires an actual interception and a touchdown. Doesn't matter if the defender "almost" picked it off. That happens all the time and it's called an incompletion. Just like dropped passes aren't completions... I think the Bucs receivers had 6 or more of those yesterday including the Miller drop in the end zone (Brady doesn't get credit for a TD on that one).

Brady and the Bucs were counted out in 2020 and they convincingly won the Super Bowl. Is there any team in the NFC that looks unbeatable? Philly is undefeated but I think Dallas may be the best team in the NFC and Tampa Bay already beat them. Minnesota needs the bye or they may just go down in the wild card (unless they matchup with the NYG). There's no quarterback in the NFC that I'm trusting more in the postseason than Brady.

Brady and the Bucs were counted out in 2020 and they convincingly won the Super Bowl.
They were? They were the best team that year with an "all star" team from what I remember. They were the SB favorites. That wasn't me who posted that, it was Jeff Howe. Let's face it, the Bucs just lost to the Panthers, Steelers and Ravens and pulled a win out of the sky yesterday. I know you're a fan, but on this one, I'd tend to lean toward Jeff Howe. But we'll see, that's why they play the games.

They were? They were the best team that year with an "all star" team from what I remember. They were the SB favorites. That wasn't me who posted that, it was Jeff Howe. Let's face it, the Bucs just lost to the Panthers, Steelers and Ravens and pulled a win out of the sky yesterday. I know you're a fan, but on this one, I'd tend to lean toward Jeff Howe. But we'll see, that's why they play the games.
They lost 3 of 4 heading into their bye and pretty much everyone said they were cooked at 7-5... they didn't lose another game. Brady beat Brees (@NO), Rodgers (@GB) and Mahomes consecutively to get that 7th ring... no one saw that coming.

The team hasn't played well for most of this season and there's a couple of really ugly losses in there. But yesterday's last minute comeback win, even against a struggling Rams team (who still has a formattable defense), could get them headed toward a strong finish.

The team hasn't played well for most of this season and there's a couple of really ugly losses in there. But yesterday's last minute comeback win, even against a struggling Rams team (who still has a formattable defense), could get them headed toward a strong finish.
We'll see, I know you're hoping that's the case and you never know, it could happen, but I think there are just too many holes....bad coaching, bad O-line, no Gronk, can't run the ball, best pass rusher gone, defense not great etc.

Best team that year! I got them with 20-1 odds lol.

Media counted Brady out about 10 times that season - first game against the saints, fourth down, rams game, 38-3 game vs saints so many times. They found magic post bye and honestly didn’t look like losing despite being underdogs in 3 out of 4 of the playoffs.

They need a lot to go right this season - 1, get Ryan Jensen back 2. Get Godwin back to his best 3. Evans finds his hands 4. Start White over Lenny and you never know. Starts with beating the Seahawks Friday 5-5

Media counted Brady out about 10 times that season - first game against the saints, fourth down, rams game, 38-3 game vs saints so many times. They found magic post bye and honestly didn’t look like losing despite being underdogs in 3 out of 4 of the playoffs.

They need a lot to go right this season - 1, get Ryan Jensen back 2. Get Godwin back to his best 3. Evans finds his hands 4. Start White over Lenny and you never know. Starts with beating the Seahawks Friday 5-5

If you look at their upcoming schedule:

Seahawks
Bye
Browns
Saints

we see that the Bucs have a real chance to get to 7-5 heading into the 49ers/Bengals/Cardinals stretch. They then finish up with the Panthers and Falcons, where they are the better team in each match up. So the Bucs can get to 9-8 by beating the teams that we should still expect them to beat.

We'll see, I know you're hoping that's the case and you never know, it could happen, but I think there are just too many holes....bad coaching, bad O-line, no Gronk, can't run the ball, best pass rusher gone, defense not great etc.
Every team has holes and nearly every team has had bad losses this season. On offense the Bucs really need to rethink their approach with their running game. Every game it's the same failing plays over and over again. The stubbornness is bewildering. Brady's already on pace to set a single season record in attempts (and completions) so they may as well concede to their passing game. Bowles thinks they have to pound the ball into a brick wall repeatedly to keep the play-action alive. The one play-action that worked yesterday came in a quarter where they threw the ball 30 times. The running game probably isn't going to get any better. Whereas Brady is still playing at an elite level, even though it may not be reflected in some of his numbers.

ICYMI: Akiem Hicks returned to the #Bucs lineup Sunday, logging 33 snaps. Not coincidentally, the d-line was re-born.

I remember it well. Almost no one thought they'd make the playoffs after that Saints game and when the did find a away they'd be 1 and done.

The guy whose killing the Bucs is Evans. What is wrong with his hands?

Yeah, I don't get it. Suddenly they're made of stone. Miller has made some good plays but he always been inconsistent.

He seems to be afraid of contact. He's been a disaster on intermediate passes over the middle. Then he checks out of the game after nearly every tackle with some apparent injury. He may have lost some confidence in his hands too on that drop against Carolina. He's been letting the ball get too close to his body since, which is increasing the drops overall. He's always had great hands, he needs to start relying on them again.

A pick 6 requires an actual interception and a touchdown. Doesn't matter if the defender "almost" picked it off. That happens all the time and it's called an incompletion. Just like dropped passes aren't completions... I think the Bucs receivers had 6 or more of those yesterday including the Miller drop in the end zone (Brady doesn't get credit for a TD on that one).
Never claimed it was a credit, just a commentary that Brady being at only 1 Int is luck. On the opposite end it's also bad luck he only has 10 TDs.

Just pointing out that looking only at stats is meaningless, context is also important

To be fair, Brady's 1 Int total in the season so far is not a product of throwing no int worthy passes. He has had at least 5 ints bounce of defenders hands.

Even yesterday he throw a pick 6 when the Rams DL/LB, can't remember the player, undercut Godwin's route and had the ball bounce off his hands.
That's all on Leftwhich. They are doing way too many screen passes, particularly to Godwin. Too many plays are predictable and alot of times the formation is a dead giveaway. That Rams defender telegraphed it all the way.

Brady cultists (you know who you are) immediately after Sunday's game ...

2420708486_36aec7f1a2_o.gif

He seems to be afraid of contact. He's been a disaster on intermediate passes over the middle. Then he checks out of the game after nearly every tackle with some apparent injury. He may have lost some confidence in his hands too on that drop against Carolina. He's been letting the ball get too close to his body since, which is increasing the drops overall. He's always had great hands, he needs to start relying on them again.
Evans has been a big disappointment so far. I thought this could be an allpro year for him. In fact, if it wasn't for all the drops and miscommunication, he likely would be having a allpro year. He's let slip about 300 yards and 4 Tds. He possibly could have 900 yards and 7Tds by now.

Brady cultists (you know who you are) immediately after Sunday's game ...

View attachment 47105
Not ashamed or embarrassed. I loved to see him succeed with another game winning drive with the game on the line. He's still got it. I think it was a big deal for him and his legacy. As a fan I'd hate to see him fail on the field to end his GOAT career. I salute him

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back