PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

What are the Bucs' best options to replace Rob Gronkowski? We offer up the best unsigned free agents -- Kyle Rudolph, Jared Cook, Eric Ebron -- and one swing-for-the-fences option: Trade for Cowboys tight end Dalton Schultz. More here:

Gronk kick started the 8 straight AFCCG appearances (6 of those at home), 5 Super Bowl appearances and 3 titles for NE.

It's a losing battle arguing against this.

I think 2011 Gronk is likely the greatest skill player in NFL history. The best pass catching threat in the NFL and as good a blocker as an extra OL. Just unfair. Makes me think of Bobby Orr in that his dual threat abilities put him in a category of 1. Still the best offensive player in the league through 2017 when healthy.

@RobGronkowski! It was an absolute pleasure coaching you! Thanks for giving us everything everyday and I wish nothing but the best my man.

Really? 6/21 = 69

Wow. What an amazing player. Not many players can produce so many hilight reels, Moss, AB, and Tyreek Hill comes to mind. Evans is a solid player but watching his hilight reels almost put me to sleep.

Sad to see him retire before Brady. I thought for sure they'd enter the HOF together. Now he's likely entering it with Roethlisberger.

Who?

Can we finally shut down this thread now that Gronk is gone?:

Official 2022 Gronkaneers Thread​

You forgot to say please.
Maybe if you and the other trolls got on your knees and prayed for this big, bad thread to go away it might happen.

It's like he never played for the Pats. Lol
He even said his dream when he was young was to play football for Tampa Bay. Ouch!
I have to wonder why Gronk is so bitter toward the Pats. He's been taking shots at the Pats since he left.

Spot on. The fanbase is insufferable when athletes leave.
I just heard Bill Burr say the same thing.

I had no problem with Gronk leaving but I don't appreciate him taking multiple shots at the team.

I think 2011 Gronk is likely the greatest skill player in NFL history. The best pass catching threat in the NFL and as good a blocker as an extra OL. Just unfair. Makes me think of Bobby Orr in that his dual threat abilities put him in a category of 1. Still the best offensive player in the league through 2017 when healthy.
I agree. I’ve said for a long time if you give me the choice of any skill position player in history, I’m taking 2011 Gronk. Over any Rice year, over 1998/2003/2007 Moss, 2011 Megatron, 2021 Kupp. Over anyone.

Every game he was healthy in the 2011-2017 period was “holy ****.” But my mind always goes to 2011 and 2014 when I think of his dominance.

I was just one of many who knew from the moment that Gronk was drafted and he got on stage and put on that helmet and went bats.hit insane with his brothers that there was something special brewing here. And then in that 2010 preseason game against the Rams, you know THE play where it was “oh my god.”

I agree. I’ve said for a long time if you give me the choice of any skill position player in history, I’m taking 2011 Gronk. Over any Rice year, over 1998/2003/2007 Moss, 2011 Megatron, 2021 Kupp. Over anyone.

Every game he was healthy in the 2011-2017 period was “holy ****.” But my mind always goes to 2011 and 2014 when I think of his dominance.
Gronk had hands like glue, blocked like a steamroller and ran with the ball like a runaway freight train. He's the best all-around player that I've ever seen. He was also as entertaining as any player could be. The fact that he's so bitter about leaving the Pats is very bothersome.

Gronk. Lol

Gronk gonna announce he's joining the LIV tour?

I have to wonder why Gronk is so bitter toward the Pats. He's been taking shots at the Pats since he left.

The answer is in this short hilight of his time with the Bucs. It wasn't just serious football.

While in NE, Gronk had to suppress who he was. In his last year, after a TD from Cook, they had a victory celebration where he piggybacked him along the field. He got in trouble for doing that and just having fun.

9 years of suppressing your personality is a long time and will create resentment.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back