PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Their problem is Lance is the most unproven top tier QB prospect ever who then got a season ending injury and needs to go through a year of rehab instead of actually developing.

lol, so last week you wouldn't be surprised if they finished the season with a losing record and now you have them going to the SB? Ok, I guess we shall see, One game at a time.
They're 5-6 so a losing record has got to be on the table. They're probably locked into the 4th seed so I don't know that their final regular season record will matter much. We'll see what they look like at SF this weekend but I'm not concerned with a team who is left with Brock Purdy at quarterback. I obviously don't think much of Minnesota. Right now the Bucs biggest obstacle to getting to the SB is Philadelphia. When I look at the NFC playoff picture, I hardly see an impossible path for the Bucs to get to the SB. How many times are people going to count out Brady before he proves them wrong again?

They're 5-6 so a losing record has got to be on the table. They're probably locked into the 4th seed so I don't know that their final regular season record will matter much. We'll see what they look like at SF this weekend but I'm not concerned with a team who is left with Brock Purdy at quarterback. I obviously don't think much of Minnesota. Right now the Bucs biggest obstacle to getting to the SB is Philadelphia. When I look at the NFC playoff picture, I hardly see an impossible path for the Bucs to get to the SB. How many times are people going to count out Brady before he proves them wrong again?
I guess nothing would shock me, but Brady or the Bucs just haven't been that good this year. They seem to be missing something.

I agree with your premise, there are a lot of flaws in the NFC teams. I do like the supporting cast in San Fran, great defense, skilled players etc. Dallas has a bad coach and I don't trust Dak, Minnesota has Cooks and Jefferson but I don't like their defense and don't really trust Cousins in a big spot. If you get pressure on him, he will fold.

I guess nothing would shock me, but Brady or the Bucs just haven't been that good this year. They seem to be missing something.
As much as I believe Brady > Belichick... Todd Bowles has been an absolute disaster for Tampa Bay. With a competent head coach the Bucs are probably 7-4 right now. Theoretically if Belichick were the head coach of the Bucs then their chances of getting to the Super Bowl would improve.

As much as I believe Brady > Belichick... Todd Bowles has been an absolute disaster for Tampa Bay. With a competent head coach the Bucs are probably 7-4 right now. Theoretically if Belichick were the head coach of the Bucs then their chances of getting to the Super Bowl would improve.
Understood, and I know your position on both TB and BB and imo, the player is always going to be more valuable than the coach. In watching quite a few games the past few weeks, how many bad coaches there are. For a coach, you don't typically notice him unless he is really bad and makes bad moves or bad clock management during the game. I saw it years ago with Bowles when he was with the Jets, he was bad. I don't think I would consider him to be the worst, but he's definitely up there with the Cowboys, Chargers, Broncos, Lions and Browns head coach.

Last edited:
I don’t want Brady to have a losing season but there is something incredibly funny if the one losing season in his entire career was still a division championship and maybe with a win in the playoffs.

I don’t want Brady to have a losing season but there is something incredibly funny if the one losing season in his entire career was still a division championship and maybe with a win in the playoffs.
A losing season would be too much for the haters to chew on. So from that standpoint Brady needs at least a 9-8 record.

A losing season would be too much for the haters to chew on. So from that standpoint Brady needs at least a 9-8 record.
Depends on the circumstance.... I could easily see them being 8-8 and locked into the #4 seed so they rest starters the final week...

Depends on the circumstance.... I could easily see them being 8-8 and locked into the #4 seed so they rest starters the final week...
Won't matter to haters like @MAC10.

If they're 8-8 heading into that last week then I'm sure it'll mean a lot to the players to end the regular season with a W. Brady in particular will want to avoid his only losing season. He'll claim it doesn't mean anything but I guarantee it does.

Won't matter to haters like @MAC10.
I wouldn't put any stock in what morons like him say. Brady could win another Super Bowl and he's still just a hater troll.
If they're 8-8 heading into that last week then I'm sure it'll mean a lot to the players to end the regular season with a W. Brady in particular will want to avoid his only losing season. He'll claim it doesn't mean anything but I guarantee it does.
This is a team struggling with injuries. They would be wise to rest their starters ---->IF<---- they are locked into the #4 seed.

Good news for tonight's game.

Just need to get in. I doubt any other team wants to face Brady in the playoffs. And rightfully so.

You never know...the 2018 Pats looked DOA heading into the playoffs...and then....

The 2010 Packers were 10-6 and then found another level. That was a team with 15 players on IR.

Mahomes can't beat Brady or Burrow. Personally I'm hoping Buffalo holds onto that 1 seed. I want to see Mahomes fall below .500 in AFCCG's & SB's.
We have a new Confucius type philosopher on patsfans: Confusion says(Mac10) "It's more important to not dink and dunk than it is to win AFC championships or superbowls".

We have a new Confucius type philosopher on patsfans: Confusion says(Mac10) "It's more important to not dink and dunk than it is to win AFC championships or superbowls".
The long ball is the key to winning. That's why Watson, Jimmy G and Mahomes have more rings than Wilson, Rodgers and Brady.

1670282290314.png

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back