PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 3

Surprised 3 of 5 first picks on O side of the ball. I guess our D is fine.
Oh it’s not fine, not on the DL at least.

For a running back? What?

Please look up some comps for that speed for a RB. That's fast. Fastest this draft.

Faster than Saquon Barkley and Jonathan Taylor.

Nowhere near Chris Johnson, but then no one ever is.
He's fast but the real eye-popping times are below 4.3 seconds - WR Tyquan Thornton and a couple of DBs did that this year. The Pats have drafted the fastest DB, WR and RB on their team in the last 18 hours. We have a new look coming.

Pats talked about getting faster on defense, everyone thought that was where they’d go in the draft. Instead they they’ve focused mostly on the offense. Brought in Doubs a million times, end up getting a similar deep threat and picking Thornton. As always, many of us have been had! :haha: Watch them go out and pick up Carson Strong now.

‘21 & ‘22 are core player-development drafts/acquisitions. The fabric of the team structure so-to-speak. The “fun” should start in ‘23..

Now we will draft our DT of the future...or probably not

Last edited:
I hope it's zyon McCollum / Tariq woolen or Calvin Austin. Should be okay with Luke goedeke as well.

gotta imagine we are trying to trade down here

Not like our O didn’t have holes either though. Just as long as we’re addressing holes with picks that actually work out, I’m fine with it….

Arghhh...Chiefs Fans in Germany...

Gonna Araaaaaiza up!
I can’t overlook Bills infatuation with Rutgers. Bo Melton if we go wr.
Also have fellow 4.37 40 RB IPacheco. I know we took Strong, but BB can't resist his Rutgers. The best paaart of waking up, is Rutgers in your lineup.

Grainy division II footage. :haha:

Strong's tape really does remind me of D Lewis, just squirting around defenders. Hopefully more durable and he'll be great for us

IDK... from what i saw he isn't that level of shifty. But Lewis isn't as fast. Strong looks like a 1 cut and go kind of guy more so than a shake and bake kind of speedster. Not to say he has none, but i don't think that is his bread and butter.

He looks to have a good stutter step burst to beat the defender on the angle. And his cut back and go on while not always consistently at the same level has occasionally been shown to be deadly. I hope he turns into a good pass catcher. he seems to be capable of being one.

Last edited:
Pats on clock

Ridgeway or Diesch to close out 4th round.

If Araiza is on Bill's board, he's gotta take him now.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back