PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Not being boring is okay, and I’m certainly in favor of questioning decisions and looking at alternatives, but the level of hostility and animosity and vehemence that has come out in reactions to this pick is scary. It makes me worry about the stability of some posters here, and whether we need to be concerned about an active shooter invading Patriot Place in response to an unpopular draft pick.

not talking specifically about you, just saying that the overreaction to this pick makes it hard to have a serious conversation and maintain perspective, and that bleeds over to affect responses to posters that aren’t so over the top…

tumblr_n3iq5nU27G1ql591ho1_500.gif

Bill has a long way to go to gain back my confidence.
So, let me guess whose confidence you do have. There is only one NFL head coach within 100 victories of Belichick's 318 who is still alive. That would be Andy Reid. Sorry to see you go, but they do have a pretty good message board for the KC fans. Better hurry, though, Andy's heart is under a lot of pressure to keep tickin'.
Andy Reid TurkeyBurger.jpg

So, let me guess whose confidence you do have. There is only one NFL head coach within 100 victories of Belichick's 318 who is still alive. That would be Andy Reid. Sorry to see you go, but they do have a pretty good message board for the KC fans. Better hurry, though, Andy's heart is under a lot of pressure to keep tickin'.
View attachment 42797
This is a what have you done for me lately league....what has Bill done that inspires confidence the last 3 years....

I will wait.

I've never seen this team have so many stupid penalties and be so unprepared as I have yhe last 3 years....unless we are talking about the pumped and jacked years

This doesn't go all the way up to today, but the point is still there:

Here’s a breakdown of guards taken in the first round by decade:

• 2010 – current: 4
  • 2000 – 2009: 6
  • 1990 – 1999: 13*
  • 1980 – 1989: 19
  • 1970 – 1979: 15
  • 1960 – 1969: 11
  • 1950 – 1959: 2
  • 1940 – 1949: 2
  • 1936 – 1939: 1

NFL Draft 1st Round Guard Picks, A History

And this guy wasn't the first guard taken, either. So let's stop bashing those questioning this pick.

Bill has a long way to go before I lose my confidence…
I've been a patriots fan for 35 years and a season ticket holder for 12. I live in the Boston area, I am pretty much their target audience. If I am feeling this way...the patriots are in trouble.

I dont know why you like the patriots...probably the same reason I have friends who were 49ers fans growing up.

I've been a patriots fan for 35 years and a season ticket holder for 12. I live in the Boston area, I am pretty much their target audience. If I am feeling this way...the patriots are in trouble.

I dont know why you like the patriots...probably the same reason I have friends who were 49ers fans growing up.

Great. You beat me by 5 years.

And I’m sure there are plenty of fans who have been fans of the team longer than you who are plenty confident in Belichick.

I really wonder if Pats would have taken Penning at #21 if the Saints hadn't snagged him at #19? There's no way BB is feeling good about his OT's - Wynn in a contract year and Brown who is old and injury prone. I hope we get Raimann today - he has Patriot all over him... European, ex-TE, late bloomer...

That was my thinking as well.

That was my thinking as well.

It seems like at least from Giardi that the Pats were taking this player no matter what. Not sure if they view Strange as more valuable or not.

Looks like Bill underestimated the market for Karras who signed in Cincy for $18 mill and Bill decided to fix his mistake by reaching on a guard in round 1.
That's an absurd amount of psychoanalysis. Like Occam's Beach Ball...

It seems like at least from Giardi that the Pats were taking this player no matter what. Not sure if they view Strange as more valuable or not.

The Strange consolidation prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots