PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP ****** Official 2021 Training Camp Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious whether this says more about Phillips or the tight ends, but I've maintained throughout the offseason that he's gonna keep that starting job over Dugger and Mills (although there will obviously be a ton of rotation and situational packages).

Finally, a WRs coach who actually knows something about the position...Welcome Troy!

Ivan is still the RBs coach I hope, right? Because our cousin Vinnie (where has DW Toys been lately anyway?) Sunseri has No Business Whatsoever coaching RBs...Send the dude to the defensive backfield, Bill.
Don't forget that players are also constrained by their physical abilities. For all we know, Sunseri had the mind of a star running back but couldn't hold onto the ball in high school practice. Plus, as a former defender, he probably knows a little bit about what running backs can do to give defenders a harder time.

Finally, if Sunseri ever wants to rise up the ranks past positional coach, he's going to have to be well rounded.

OT, but I still get frustrated at the ridic inconsistency in the League.

Example : imagine this scenario. It’s 2017 & the Patriots are coming off a SB win. Their qb had to miss the first four games for an NFL hit job. Brady gets accused by dozens of massage therapists of misbehaviour. Is there ANY way he is allowed in camp and held unaccountable ?

I’m not even interested in debating the merits of the Watson case - I’m just 100% certain that there is no way Brady would’ve went unpunished this late into the incident reveal…

So, in closing, while I’m happy to see the return of football this week, it’s difficult as well because I find that the NFL is becoming more and more like professional wrestling where the people in charge decide who is the hero and who is the heel. Instead of celebrating the achievements of their players/teams.

???

Brady played even while under the cloud of deflategate.

1st day of Patriots training camp with media...good job :thumbsup:
Just a note of info:

Zo thinks the first 6 days are going to be the team throwing all sorts of stuff at the QBs, then beginning the process of serious evaluation at the position (Cam v. Mac) at that point.

Just a note of info:

Zo thinks the first 6 days are going to be the team throwing all sorts of stuff at the QBs, then beginning the process of serious evaluation at the position (Cam v. Mac) at that point.
Zo...good find :eek:

Zo...good find
Also, Jeff Howe will be on 98.5 to talk about today's camp. He's on in about 60-90 seconds.

Zo thinks it was a decisive "victory" for Jones over Newton today

From Howe:

Newton: 9 of 15 with 2 picks, and one Godawful throw

Howe:

Jones 9 of 19 with no TOs, had a nice throwaway to avoid a bad play
Made some plays when there was a rush in his face, including 1 to Michel
Hit a couple of guys right as they came out of their breaks (a/k/a good anticipation)
5 of his 9 completions were "plus throws"
Needs to be more consistent (no shock for a rookie), but some of that is probably because of not playing with the #1 offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes