PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL DRAFT - ROUND 1 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many Patsfans.com posters have headed out to the Tobin for a jump...
Not me. This means I scored at least 1 selection correctly for the Mock Draft game thread! Welcome to New England, Mac Jones!

Holy CamelToe Batman! Anyone see those ladies at Kadarius Thoney’s house? There should be a law that if you’re over 200lbs you can’t wear skin tight clothing.
I thought that was the Grand Canyon

jeezus just shut up you arrogant never wrongster...YOU wanted the Pats to give up 3 #1's and twos and players to move up to 4...krist...go back to your Orchids of Asia prosecution story
I absolutely wanted them to do whatever it took to get a top qb.
I didn’t think sitting at 15 would work. It did. I would have been fine with trading up giving up whatever it took and I’m fine with how it worked out.
I knew we HAD TO get a qb. I didn’t want to risk it not happening and would have paid a premium to not risk it.

And btw why would we give up more to go to 4 than sf gave to go to 3??

I would have made the sf trade and I stand by that. Hindsight doesn’t change that.

The reason I liked Jones, and this is about the most unscientific thing possible, is I use my remarkable eye test to see if QBs “play tall” or “play short.” Some of these guys crouch down and run around back there like they’re 5’7” as they don’t stand in the pocket. Jones has a taller stature and stands upright, and his feet are planted firmly. I consider that a better playing style for the NFL based on what I’ve seen. It’s why I didn’t like Andrew Luck but why I do like Trevor Lawrence. Jones is comfortable in the pocket and can stand in there, at least with superior protection...other guys tend to bail and shrink down quickly. Guess we’ll see.

Last edited:
Surprised that darrisaw is still on board. Ratbirds should trade up.

Love Kwity Paye, guys a beast.

The reason I liked Jones, and this is about the most unscientific thing possible, is I use my remarkable eye test to see if QBs “play tall” or “play short.” Some of these guys crouch down and run around back there like they’re 5’7” as they don’t stand in the pocket. Jones has a taller stature and stands upright, and his feet are planted firmly. I consider that a better playing style for the NFL based on what I’ve seen. It’s why I didn’t like Andrew Luck But why I do like Trevor Lawrence. Guess we’ll see.

He has close to an 80 inch wingspan. It’s bigger than the other four QBs.

Moore is quick but not fast. Watch the highlights; he gets run down from behind by DBs. Sort of the opposite of Waddle; Waddle just walks away from DBs, good DBs. I am not looking forward to seeing Waddle twice a year....
Waddle just called Flores and asked if it was too soon to trade him to New England, because Jones >>>> Tua.

Gawd I cannot believe how bad SF screwed up this draft. Now they cannot even trade JimmyG (unless there is a QB injury on an other team)... And JimmyG will beat out Lance in camp; JG is way better than Lance. They blew 3 first round picks. Amazing.

I said get a qb that’s what we did.
I am happy as a clam. You appear to be the butt hurt one who wants to create a non sensical conversation with someone who forgot you existed while you were obsessing over me.

No. You said to sell our asses on the street corner to move up and get one of the top QB prospects.

"They blew their future"

You lost. All those fanatical pick trading posts for nothing but desperation.

You lost.

Enjoy watching what BB does with the picks you wanted him to trade.

You lost this one so badly.

It must hurt.

No need to apologize. I understand.

Probably because Paye has "I've got huge bust potential" tattooed across his face
Hope you’re right now that he’s ended up in Indy. But he’s had production playing the 3 and 5-technique. It’s a deep WR draft. It’s not a deep edge rusher draft.

Gawd I cannot believe how bad SF screwed up this draft. Now they cannot even trade JimmyG (unless there is a QB injury on an other team)... And JimmyG will beat out Lance in camp; JG is way better than Lance. They blew 3 first round picks. Amazing.
SF can’t escape the Suck ...even Trey Lance was like ....Seriously!? WTF?!?!

He has close to an 80 inch wingspan. It’s bigger than the other four QBs.

This is the stuff that gets ridiculously overlooked when discussing “athleticism.” I’ve said for years that Brady has really long arms, and I think he might be taller than 6’4”. He plays really tall, his throwing motion is high, etc. Who gives a crap if he can’t run a 40 yard dash well...I think people are evaluating the wrong position with some of these QB ”skills” like elusiveness and chucking balls on the run. I always find it funny when people say Brady isn’t a gifted athlete. You’d be hard pressed to find a better QB prototype...throughout history, the position favors guys with his traits.

Last edited:
Is anyone bedding with Mrs. Casserly tonight? If so, ask her how Charles feels about Fields not falling to #24

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes