PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2019 Trade Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I’d feel about it. Obviously it would be hugely exciting addition, but the costs will be so high. But then if he stays healthy, goes a long way towards putting us on another SB path.

If Rapsheet reported that Patriots offered for Brown (can anyone confirm or has a link) and it's accurate I think it's logical that they moved onto Beckham.

Not sure how I’d feel about it. Obviously it would be hugely exciting addition, but the costs will be so high. But then if he stays healthy, goes a long way towards putting us on another SB path.

He has quite a friendly contract. That is the most intriguing part actually since i dont particulary like him.

Id like the deal though since im not too worried about cap under BB: the locker room would easily swallow his ego for a season or two and BB will get the picks back at the end..

He'd run about 15 1/2 per.

Beckham would hit the #Giants for 16 mil in dead cap money if traded. The team dealing for him would be on the hook for 31 mil over the next 2 years (assuming he's fine with his contract...) twitter.com/jeffphowe/stat…

He'd run about 15 1/2 per.

A lot for a WR but then he’s a future HOF WR most likely. The question is, what would it cost in draft capital. Salary wasn’t the only cost I was thinking of. If they made the move I’d be good with it, particularly considering our needs at the position but it’s also not a move I’m desperate for to happen.

Beckham's an otherworldly talent as a wide receiver. The thing is the Giants aren't going to trade him for peanuts because they're going to take a hefty cap hit as a result. A 1st round pick is likely the asking price. It would be worth it.

New England im sure is all over this.
We will fight to the end for Odell Belichick loves him.

Beckham Gordon Edelman Berrios or a rook sounds good to me..

Berrios has done nothing yet you’ve penciled him in as a starter. Gordon could be gone for the season on any given week. God I hope that’s not what we put out for WRs.

Berrios has done nothing yet you’ve penciled him in as a starter. Gordon could be gone for the season on any given week. God I hope that’s not what we put out for WRs.
???

Chris penciled in Berrios as our #4 WR.

We shouldn't count on Gordon or Berrios. I think it appropriate to pencil in Gordon as our #5 WR, presuming that we tender him.

Beckham, Edelman, ???, ???/Berrios/draftee, Gordon

This still needs another signing, likely Dorsett or Hogan.

I WANT PRESTON BROWN.

that contract is super friendly and he's been playing like a Top LB in the league. Not sure what the asking price would be, but he would be an excellent addition to the squad.

???

Chris penciled in Berrios as our #4 WR.
And he’s completely redundant even if he’s capable of being a 4th WR. What role could he have that Edelman isn’t doing?

If Rapsheet reported that Patriots offered for Brown (can anyone confirm or has a link) and it's accurate I think it's logical that they moved onto Beckham.

I just don't see the Giants doing that. Not after they just added Zeitler to try and solidify their O-line in an attempt to make one last run with Eli..

EDIT: Thank you @Sciz for the correction. I read the page wrong. I forgot that cuts/trades are no longer the same in how the cap functions. They would save $5M this year by trading OBJ..

Odell Beckham, Jr. Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call