PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Day Three (Rounds 4-7) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Izzy overview from nfl.com

Overview
If you are looking for a flashy pass-catching tight end who can create matchup issues for the defense then keep on looking. If you want an in-line tight end who has good size and very good toughness and has experience as an active member of the run blocking unit, then Izzo should be on your board. Izzo has athletic limitations, but he has the willingness and talent to become a plus blocker at the point of attack and he's able to work the middle of the field. He should become a starter early in his career.

Looks like a guy who'll make Dwayne Allen restructure...

Prob a guy who battles it out with niklas

Wow that is confident... they were counting on David Wells, TE, San Diego State being available as an UDFA

That's a done deal by the way. Book it.

How many make the 53?

From day 3? The two linebackers maybe. Izzo could if they want to get Dwayne Allen’s contract off the books. Crossen is probably a ps guy. Berrios? I don’t know, lots of competition in the WR room.

Edit: forgot about Nicklas re Izzo.

Trey Quinn = Mr. Irrelevant.

From day 3? The two linebackers maybe. Izzo could if they want to get Dwayne Allen’s contract off the books. Crossen is probably a ps guy. Berrios? I don’t know, lots of competition in the WR room.

Edit: forgot about Nicklas re Izzo.

The Pats don't have a superstar front end roster (ever), but from 35-53, they're better than anyone, every year. Hard to make this team.

The first three picks will be there, of course, and I think the two LBs are likely. Then one more, just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes