PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense injuries known and suspected -- the elephant in the room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, are you on speed or something? That's eight posts in under 15 minutes -- seems you're more interested in "shouting" than listening; no wonder Bedard blocked you. And a lot of what you're posting here is pure nonsense -- comparing rookies Stidham-to-Meyers in the preseason to what Brady expects in a fully installed offense, or not accounting for Harry's missed time as a factor in his learning a complex precision sight-adjustment passing scheme. I'm far from the "Brady apologist" you accuse me of being but the man clearly is hurting as are components of his supporting cast. You then say I can't be taken seriously yet you blow in here all scattershot including some odd claim about being right last year and "filing a game plan" (?) when you joined this forum just 11 days ago. o_O
**** is this Rusty!!!??

Why does someone keep using the "funny" or '"disagree" emojis but not explain what they are talking about? Very passive aggressive like Goodell in nature.

Well, I think his mind is slowing his feet a bit. I think they're connected. I think his feet can be better and to be fair, the line has been up and down all year.

I get it, but he needs to keep improving, too.

There were stretches pre Cincy game in 2014, where I'd be yelling at the tv for him to run and he'd still try force a ball to Welker for like 3 yards. Finally, BB or someone pointed this crap out to him.

Since then, he's been more willing to run, which is good. It's part of that well known "Brady Lock" term people use. It's true. He's trying to break out of it right now as we speak.

Note how Edelman's reduction in snaps at 40 to manage his being dinged up, actually HELPED Brady.
Who knows but I'm in no position from my TV to say what physically is contributing to his struggles.

FYI Welker wasn't on the 2014 team. You might have meant JE

I suggest decaf.
Not sure if it is but this smells like Rusty. Fookin legendary troll that went back & forth w another mental case (like I'm normal lol) for abt 10 years. Think Andy on meth.

Yes, of course I realize preseason is easier/there's no gameplanning, but one guy had no issue liking throwing to him and another guy is taking his job way too seriously and not working those guys in. It'd be one thing if Brady was playing well, but he hasn't been. Defenses know when Brady has rookies, or too many non-binkies, they come after Brady. This is my point. If I Know this, you know this, other teams know this. He has to prove to use the guys so the D respects all of the personnel. We pretty much know Edelman is going to be doubled. So, that means someone is going to be wide open most of the time, unless the play-calling is too predictable.
You're applying a lot of simplistic conjecture here. First of all, Stidham's preseason connection with Meyers is irrelevant to what Brady is trying to accomplish in what is an unusually complex passing offense. It's safe to assume Brady would "like" throwing to the rookies if they knew what they were doing out there and executed, but it's a steep learning curve and word is they apparently aren't translating practice to games effectively enough. Some of this is on McDaniels to iron out and he appears to be working on that with Harry, but the whole scheme can't be revamped for the rookies while Edelman/Dorsett/Sanu are onboard with what Brady expects -- that is, altering routes via sight adjustments to coverage on the fly. You say someone will be "wide open" if Edelman is doubled but that's assuming the "someone" you're talking about knows where to go once coverage is recognized so Brady can find him. Most of this occurs post-snap, so everyone has to be on the same page

Remember when Moss came here? Moss ran like 5 routes. I am not saying harry is Moss at all, but same idea. Just have him master like 15-20 plays vs zone and man reads and hit him on 1st reads. This guy is a back shoulder and out up route dream for a QB. You know, a WR fans have been pining for since MOss left?
No, Moss was very smart and ran sight-adjustments off his routes vs. straight prescribed routes. They can take the guesswork out of route running for Harry and plug him in for straight routes but defenses quickly will recognize that and neutralize him. At this stage of the season they might have little choice but to make things easy for Harry and hope his physicality prevails in certain situations, but his effectiveness will be limited.

New reports coming in on Edelman don’t sound good. Speculating either tendonitis, a partial tear, or both. Also speculating that a complete rupture is not only possible, but likely if he keeps playing on it. They certainly can’t shut him down this week (assuming he’s cleared again before the game starts). The game is too big and too important. But they may want to think about shutting him down in Week 17.

Who knows but I'm in no position from my TV to say what physically is contributing to his struggles.

FYI Welker wasn't on the 2014 team. You might have meant JE

Nah, nah..I was saying pre Week 5 of 2014, Brady, like for YEARS, would run the offense out of the shotgun over and over, and then have this 10 yard swath of grass ahead of him, he'd move up, and then refuse to run and slide 3 yards for a 1st down. He wanted to throw it. It was maddening. Then, all of a sudden, he really got into it in 2014 after the KC game. He would actually do it like he did vs KC this year.

It was was bizarre when he didn't do it, though. Brady Lock is a thing, IMO.

Once Welker left, it actually finally started to improve. I think BB draftting Jimmy G snapped Brady, too. I think he knew the back up QB was never meant to be a replacement. JimmyG was.

Anyway, not a huge deal, as BB probably struggles to motivate and get through the Brady at times.

Should have brung in another body at wr. This wr corps is basically on life support with the edelman knee issue.

Edelman has tendon injury. If he is out, the game is over. Patriots onto 2020 season.

WHo cares how fast I can type or post or when I joined? There's no rules against either......

Everything I suggested before the game yesterday came try

Typing for myself here, when someone is making every third or fourth post on a thread and responding with walls of text each time, I start skipping ahead. If you want your thoughts and ideas to be given consideration, brevity is your friend. Take a moment to edit so you are not repeating yourself. If someone writes stuff like "Everything I suggested before the game yesterday came try", I have a harder time appreciating their brilliance and foresight and the fact that they know more than everyone else when I'm busy trying to figure out what exactly they mean to say.

I'm glad to see some posters are putting some of the blame on Brady. He's missing the guys that do get open. There's no zip on the balls he throws. His pocket awareness has also gotten worse. He took a few unnecessary sacks yesterday. Instead of throwing the ball away. In the past many of the offensive issues were due to the personnel. You could tell Brady still had it. But for the first time ever, it's fair to say he's as big of an issue as the receivers.

The defense is not only going to have to shut down teams. They are going to have to score. Even when they create a turnover, the offense usually wastes it. That's a tough task to ask when you are going to need to beat the likes of KC, Baltimore, and NO/SF/Sea to win the SB. At some point the offense is going to need to pull their weight. But the scary thing is they are getting worse. Not better. And there's no fix coming. Sanu was clearly benefiting from teams double teaming Julio. Now he doesn't have that luxury. Edelman is injured. Meyers is a drop machine. Harry looks good. But he still needs time. Michel looks bad. If BB drags this team to a SB win, it'll be even a bigger accomplishment than last season.

You didn't read a single post in this thread, did you?

New reports coming in on Edelman don’t sound good. Speculating either tendonitis, a partial tear, or both. Also speculating that a complete rupture is not only possible, but likely if he keeps playing on it. They certainly can’t shut him down this week (assuming he’s cleared again before the game starts). The game is too big and too important. But they may want to think about shutting him down in Week 17.
Are you talking about his knee or shoulder?

I suggest learning from others and taking down the excessive Brady posters from the wall in the basement.
I love the one where he's in an orange tanktop with the high beams on. Oh. N/m that was that Charlie's Angel.

That doesn't even make any sense but thanks for the brevity.
He referred to the "excessive" Brady posters, so apparently you have his permission to leave an acceptable number on your basement wall. I don't know about the "others" you're supposed to learn from re. basement decor.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!

Good grief. You are so refreshing on this board with the honesty. He missed Sanu WIDE OPEN and Michel, both on passes you are I could have made. They were not hard passes. And the one to Sanu looke like Brett Favre pass, which always a bull in the china shop in style.

Its the Michel one that stood out to me. He was wide open for the touchdown, on a short throw, and Brady couldn't stay away from his knew binky... the ground.

Not good Brady. Not good.

Based on his play, I think Watson has a back or hip injury as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back