PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

off season possible moves

WeezyFbaby

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
i know its early and obviously im excited for the playoffs and another great run but it just got to me about possible off season moves that the red sox could look into.

first off is tek coming back do we sacrifice a spot in the order for defense and leadership? if not who replaces him

second with 20 million coming off the books with manny and 10 million off with schilling obviously there is money to be spent.,,
do you guys think they will use it? if you take into account bays contract of 7 mil we are still up 23 million in savings maybe we trade lugo and save another 9 mill so now up to 32 million dollars. would the sox invest that in a high end starter possibly sabathia or burnett???

i think we could use some upgrades in the Pen what options could be looked into there

and finally how would you feel if the red sox went after Ben Sheets. injury prone but when healthy extremely effective. i feel hes a wild card in the free agent market

discuss.

I hope they can keep Bay but get another big/bigger bat if one is available.

sign CC sabathia!

If they trade Lugo, the Sox will eat his salary (no savings).

Way too early but I would hate to see the Sox go after Sheets. Too damn injury prone.

If they trade Lugo, the Sox will eat his salary (no savings).

Very true. And we will keep bay hes under contract for another year any thoughts on tek??? i think hes a bit of a wild card maybe they keep him and bring in another catcher and platoon them???

and ya i dont want sheets either your just asking for problems. man would CC look good in boston red tho but i doubt with the young arms they have coming up they wont commit 8 years 160 mil to him like he wants. i have an inkling that he stays in the NL

2009 MLB Free Agents: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

thats a link to pending free agents by position.....

throw out some ideas..
quick thoughts
i dont see any upgrade over Tek.
I would love to see Texiera but theres really no spot..

i dont think we need a big bat a healthy drew and lowell will be enough..

for relief i would love to get any of Farnsworth horacio ramirez(for spot starts) or jeremy affeldt

This team should try and see if they can get some bullpen help.I remember hearing this team was interested in A.J Burnett but his health scares me.

Keep in mind that Youkilis, Papelbon, Pedroia, Lester, Ellsbury, Delcarmen, Lowrie and Masterson make about $5M combined this year. Youkilis and Papelbon will each see significantly increased salaries next year, while the others will see big increases within the next 2 years after that. Next year those 8 players will probably make around $15M through arbitration, and that number will skyrocket every year after. I would expect that most of the Manny/Schilling money will go into long term contracts for some of those players, and not just spent on a big FA shopping spree.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back