Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Feel free to help track the misery.

Day 146: The authorities continue to re-play meaningless Rams-Saints games on NFL*N. It has been perhaps the most awesome off-season for a decade, yet the whole world remains a ghost of itself. The authorities continue to refuse to let new football be played. I follow fan spats about what will happen in the future, to no avail. None of it can be known yet. For now we fester in our cells, waiting for the day that foot meets pigskin for real in the 2017-2018 season... if there is a 2017-2018 season.

I watch politics. I play games. On occasion, I write. I try to break up the boredom but the boredom is unending. I know that there are events of great moment afoot: North Korea seems to have ICBMs and H-Bombs. Tens of thousands are dying each year in a prescription opioid epidemic. Yet I cannot shake the feeling that Kim is only bored because there is no football. Prescription opioids are prescribed for pain, but how much of that pain is, at root, magnified by lack of football? I do not mean to be heartless. I ask only whether this blight that has fallen over all of us, the off-season, does not make things look worse.

Tomorrow will be the fourth of July. They will taunt me again with ubiquitous displays of red, white, blue, and incidental silver from ambient sources, such as the coin you might flip to decide whether it is time for another beer. Children, perhaps, will throw a football around out of season. God bless them. I do not know that I can share their hope that there will ever be another season.

"My husband cannot both play football and not play football," said Giselle Bundchen, as an opening gambit of a conversation with the Dalai Lama.
This is one of your shortest posts and at first glance seems to be both humorous and possibly containing some truths both in how Gisele feels based upon her public statements but also as a style of say nothing/mean everything by the Dalai Lama. But it is actually a damnable lie as we all know the Dalai Lama is a Patriots fan and cannot decide whether JG is a franchise QB and Brady should retire or be traded or he's good but not the heir apparent.

The next season has already been played, but we are stuck in the Time stream and can't break free of it. Thus, we must sit be, idle, waiting, and can take the time to distract ourselves or be patient and enjoy the experience.

This is one of your shortest posts and at first glance seems to be both humorous and possibly containing some truths both in how Gisele feels based upon her public statements but also as a style of say nothing/mean everything by the Dalai Lama. But it is actually a damnable lie as we all know the Dalai Lama is a Patriots fan and cannot decide whether JG is a franchise QB and Brady should retire or be traded or he's good but not the heir apparent.

Jesus. Even the Dalai Lama is disrespecting Brady.

Jesus. Even the Dalai Lama is disrespecting Brady.

You are both wrong.

As the Dalai Lama knows, the reincarnated Braddhy cannot simply be "drafted" or "acquired." There is a very thorough process through which he must be found.

The greatest football sages of our era must search far and wide through the countryside, examining very small children, and when they recognize the signs, proclaim the chosen child the Tommy Lama (to their Dark Lord in Foxborough).

We know not whether this child has been found and so designated; the People shall be told of the new Tommy Lama at a time and place of the Dark Lord's choosing, not sooner, and not later.

How the Dalai Lama is Chosen

My brother is in Dharamsala the past couple of days so I asked him to "pop in" on the Dally llama and get his opinion on the whole can of worms (my bro knows sanskrit and has translated that idiom directly from Buddha). His Holiness (yeah that's what he and I call BB and the DL) believes that the Tara Reid instability period basically tainted TB's path to true suffering....he enjoyed himself too much (the direct quote from His Holiness was, "too much party.") and put his personal desires before the good of the team.

DalaiLamaLandovimage400.jpg

My brother is in Dharamsala the past couple of days so I asked him to "pop in" on the Dally llama and get his opinion on the whole can of worms (my bro knows sanskrit and has translated that idiom directly from Buddha). His Holiness (yeah that's what he and I call BB and the DL) believes that the Tara Reid instability period basically tainted TB's path to true suffering....he enjoyed himself too much (the direct quote from His Holiness was, "too much party.") and put his personal desires before the good of the team.

View attachment 17411

Not to be pedantic but usually 2 Ls means a dromedary, and the spelling of Dally above puts me in mind of a dromedary build with the humps hanging down off the other end, rather than on its back...

His Holiness (yeah that's what he and I call BB and the DL) believes that the Tara Reid instability period basically tainted TB's path to true suffering....he enjoyed himself too much (the direct quote from His Holiness was, "too much party.") and put his personal desires before the good of the team.

View attachment 17411

Ms Reid appears to have been on a 15 year bender, never getting over 'what could have been'.

treid-722131.jpg

Ms Reid appears to have been on a 15 year bender, never getting over 'what could have been'.

treid-722131.jpg

Okay so I'm sitting here X pounds overweight and bald, and I'm sure I'm supposed to say something having to do with the texture of a catcher's mitt. :/ just can't do it.

View attachment 17411

To truly end suffering, one must break free from the wheel of life and death.

freedom from samsara FTW!

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

treid-722131.jpg

Mr Peabody & the Wayback Machine...
It's 2002 and I'm with what was the Patriots Mailing List crew in San Diego.
We stayed at the Pats hotel and met with many of the players.
Brady flies thru the lobby (Who knew he was THAT fast!?) and hops into a convertible with Tara. Zoom! Off they go!
Brady has a bad game, tosses 2 picks. D can't get in the same zip code as Ladanian. We lose.
Top it off I'm chased outa the stadium by SD fans who took umbrage with my "comments".
Fortunately, I was still exceptionally fast, even when laughing and running.

Tomorrow will be the fourth of July. They will taunt me again with ubiquitous displays of red, white, blue, and incidental silver from ambient sources, such as the coin you might flip to decide whether it is time for another beer.
Gotta be better than that coin flip from Bush prior to the SB. I can't be the only one who was already pissed off before the game even started.

No. To truly end suffering, one must break free from the wheel of being a JETE fan.

Evidently Sam & Sara need to do just that....

No. To truly end suffering, one must break free from the wheel of being a JETE fan.

Evidently Sam & Sara need to do just that....

They must strive for the nirvana of being a Patriots fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes