PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Of course it was going to be Tampa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady may have stayed had Harry or Myers stepped up. Didn’t help BB didn’t draft insurance at WR/TE but rather used a 2nd round pick on a damn CB who could still struggle for playing time with McCourty brought back.

Maybe if Tom has shown up earlier in camp and worked with them more they might have stepped up.

I’m sorry but I’m over Harry and Sony being railroaded here and Bill crucified for keeping the team relevant against a cap designed to prevent otherwise for 20 fn years.... no one else has done 5 straight and Tampa won’t.

Tom is great. Best ever. But he’s getting a free pass here from most. He hasn’t been fully on board for a few years. His greatness masked that. He didn’t want to be here anymore for whatever reason. I wish he retired after the Rams super bowl. As much as I hate to say it, his leadership wasn’t unassailable last year. He didn’t do enough too. Harry and Myers Likely suffered as a result of it and so did the team. He is Certainly as responsible as Harry or a hurt Sanu is. Injuries devastated this team not Sony.

Why is Tom right to move on because Bill didn’t give him what he wanted. Is Bill entitled to the same things. Is he allowed to want to move on when Tom isn’t giving him what he needs.... like 100 percent in the preseason as well as games. The Patriots didn’t get here by making exceptions on accountability but they were starting to make them and I don’t think Bill liked what he saw. Yet Bill is being universally pummeled and Tom anointed.

Who knows maybe Tom will strike gold in Tampa. They haven’t been relevant in 20 years They aren’t facing the same obstacles we are staying at the top of the mountain. They just want to climb it while they can and stay there till it rains once. Bill has a significantly more difficult task moving forward.

I think the Bill crushing is a little much. By the way, while we are talking about weapons to help Tom.... what the F was our defense? Insignificant to the offense and ability to win. I think not. About AB... even Tom couldn’t keep him in line as close as they are on Social Media. Is that all Bills fault too? Do you really think Tom had no input on bringing him in? (For the record I don’t think the patriots should have released him. I think it destroyed our season ) If you think Bill is the problem with the Patriots I don’t know what to say. It borders on insanity.

Tom “earned” the right to cash in. Good for him. Boston fans have also “earned” the right to criticize his recent commitment and the overly dramatic off season that lead to this point. It was us who have towed the line in The Brady vs Manning Rogers Montana, deflategate, spygate when virtually everyone was assailing his reputation and accomplishments for the last 15 years in barrooms across the country and places like Afghanistan....not the 4 fans the Buccaneers had before Wednesday. How many of them have ever spotted a Goodell clown shirt?

if the patriots are out, great, let Tom get 7, he’s still the greatest Patriot of them all. But otherwise I don’t care one fn bit about watching a fn Tampa Bay Buccaneers game with or without him.

Ugh... got started and couldn’t stop. Apologies.

I don't see any real culprits here. The Pats wanted Tom year by year. Tom wanted multiple years and a better surrounding Offensive cast. The Pats need to rebuild.

These things happen. It was great for TWENTY YEARS!!!!!

Let's see how each do without the other. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes