Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Brady’s priorities:
1) Two year contract
2) A platform to demonstrate the TB12 method on a national scale

New England satisfied neither of Brady’s priorities.
1) Contract extensions were rebuffed over the past 2 years.
2) Belichick de-emphasized the offense and positioned Brady as a game manager QB

In order to satisfy his 2 priorities, Brady secured his independence and subsequently selected the one QB needy team with the one coach who will enable Brady to demonstrate on a national scale his passing skills and a TB12 crafted athlete playing at the highest level at 43.
Brady chose Bruce Arian, a coach who let his former defective QB play gunslinger on Sunday’s to the tune of 5100 total yds despite tossing 30 INTs.

Brady now has his 2 year contract in hand and a new coach who has handed him a carte blanche aerial attack full of dynamic weapons vs teams from the largest cities in America and some of the most high profile franchises...what a showcase to demonstrate his TB12 vision

It was always going to be Tampa and Arians...... a showcase opportunity extraordinaire.
Need, weapons, mindset, cash......a match made in heaven given Brady’s priority list.
No other team/coach , except KC/Reid could have fulfilled his wishlist better

For Brady, it’s less about the wins and more about the statement he wants to make during his last 2 years

Last edited:
I think LA is a location where TB12 stuff could gain more traction than Tampa.

LA people are much more into that kind of thing than Tampa people are.

It seems the main rub was Tom wanted to be closer to NY where his family members will be residing.

I'll be a major Pats fan forever, and a minor Bucs fan for the next 2 years. Hoping to see Brady get at least one more ring.

Last edited:
It irritates me the way this ended.

I don’t think BB purposely stiffed Brady, it was his drafts that have been atrocious the last few years and this last one was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Brady may have stayed had Harry or Myers stepped up. Didn’t help BB didn’t draft insurance at WR/TE but rather used a 2nd round pick on a damn CB who could still struggle for playing time with McCourty brought back.

I don’t think BB purposely stiffed Brady, it was his drafts that have been atrocious the last few years and this last one was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Brady may have stayed had Harry or Myers stepped up. Didn’t help BB didn’t draft insurance at WR/TE but rather used a 2nd round pick on a damn CB who could still struggle for playing time with McCourty brought back.

If Brown weren't stupid enough to text that woman, Brady probably stays

It seems the main rub was Tom wanted to be closer to NY where his family members will be residing.
I think LA is already onto that lifestyle already so he doesnt need to tap into an existing market, he needs to break into a new market. Tampa is full of drunks in yoga pants. His message will be well received by those seeking enlightement.

the TE situation still baffles me. Also, BB seems to like the 'red shirt" option for young players. BB obviously knows what he is doing but its damn frustrating

TB and TB....just sayin'.....

The Tom Brady Buccaneers!

If Brown weren't stupid enough to text that woman, Brady probably stays
Maybe. But he probably would’ve done something else to piss the media off and pressure the Pats into releasing him.

Hampton beach compared to Tampa beaches is no comparison.

In Tampa, wherever you turn youll see sculpted women in thong bikinis. The beautiful people live down there.

We’re actually going to find that out as his security blanket is now gone.
he has a knack of moving on from players before its too late. He has done it in the past and been ok. This will be his greatest test ever

In Tampa, wherever you turn youll see sculpted women in thong bikinis. The beautiful people live down there.
You'll see more babushkas than bikinis...

Dude he’s so close to Disney World, how the hell could he pass that up

Me too but in reality it really did not end badly. What happened to Montana and Manning was bad and ugly. This was really a mutual break up for a host of reasons that were not really in the control of either party. Both parties handled the ending with class with Brady telling Kraft in person then the Instagram message and them Kraft/BB followed up with their messages. I wish it didn't end but it ended about as well as I could have hoped for in many ways.

Brady’s priorities:
1) Two year contract

2) Belichick de-emphasized the offense and positioned Brady as a game manager QB

In order to satisfy his 2 priorities, Brady secured his independence and subsequently selected the one QB needy team with the one coach who will enable Brady to demonstrate on a national scale his passing skills and a TB12 crafted athlete playing at the highest level at 43.
Brady chose Bruce Arian, a coach who let his former defective QB play gunslinger on Sunday’s to the tune of 5100 total yds despite tossing 30 INTs.

Brady now has his 2 year contract in hand and a new coach who has handed him a carte blanche aerial attack full of dynamic weapons vs teams from the largest cities in America and some of the most high profile franchises...what a showcase to demonstrate his TB12 vision

It was always going to be Tampa and Arians...... a showcase opportunity extraordinaire.
Need, weapons, mindset, cash......a match made in heaven given Brady’s priority list.

For Brady, it’s less about the wins and more about the statement he wants to make during his last 2 years

He only has a couple of years left, and he has nothing to work with in New England. One of the worst combinations of wr, rb and te in the league. Why would he want to finish his career watching Stonefoot Harry trying to get open while moving at the speed of a land based glacier?

Brady’s priorities:
1) Two year contract

Perhaps its as simple as TB going to TB.

If his other son were living in LA, he'd be a charger...

Dude he’s so close to Disney World, how the hell could he pass that up
Wouldn't that make winning the SB less exciting, "I'm going to Disney World". I mean you could probably go there between morning and afternoon sessions from Tampa. I really wonder if he's committed to winning football anymore

And yes, that's being completely facetious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes