PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco needs to shut the eff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, anyone who is on a power trip and seeking approval because they donated to a message board on the internet doesn't deserve the time of day from anyone. It reminds me of how some 'celebrities' with money do charities just for the recognition and to "look good" rather than for the right reasons. Anyone donating for the "right reasons" isnt the type of person who would ever flaunt it. But that's my opinion. I guess according to some though, my opinion isn't that valid yet because I havent donated to a message board either :rolleyes::rofl:

Anway, just ignore him, man.

Actually....... if you bothered to follow the thread, you'd know that wasn't the case. I never spoke about what I've done.... I just said this was a place the was a place that he could take or leave with no qualms either way.

p.s. I see you are new here. This place is AWESOME........ you can literally waste HOURS of your life away here talking about the Patriots and pretty much anything else for that matter........ If you have a little disposable income, perhaps you'll consider donating a few bucks to the owner........ Who currently pays for is all out of his pocket, aside from a few bucks he gets from others that appreciate the site for what it is.

Or not............. either way is fine. The site will always be her for your enjoyment either way. ;)

Have a great day.

Last edited:
Yes, the Pats cheated. But so what? We're all over it, and everyone else should be too. This can only be proved in small portions, but most other teams did the same thing the Pats did with taping. BB's error in judgement came when disregarding the memo that specifically said not to. THAT's why he was made such an example IMO. I mean, Cowher, Johnson, several other coaches have come out and said they did the same thing......

People need to be able to admit the Patriots f*ed up, but at the same time, EVERYONE needs to get over it.

Actually....... if you bothered to follow the thread, you'd know that wasn't the case. I never spoke about what I've done.... I just said this was a place the was a place that he could take or leave with no qualms either way.

p.s. This place is AWESOME though........ you can literally waste HOURS of your life away here talking about the Patriots and pretty much anything else for that matter........ If you have a little disposable income, perhaps you'll consider donating a few bucks to the owner........ Who currently pays for is all out of his pocket, aside from a few bucks he gets from others that appreciate the site for what it is.

Or not............. either way is fine. The site will always be her for your enjoyment either way. ;)

Have a great day.

Oh, I agree, this site is incredible. So much news, best fan base of the world of the team I'm obsessed with.

I just disagree with your bringing up the fact that you donated and someone else didn't. You may not have done so in so many words, but the implication was clear whether you want to admit it or not. Donating for the right reasons to any (good) cause deserves anyone's respect, but it doesnt mean you should bring it up when telling someone they should leave because they didnt donate.

And thank you, I read the entire thread, and my conclusion was that you were out of line, which is why I felt obligated to give me 2 cents...I'm sure you're a good dude, so I have no ill feelings toward you. I'm just an outspoken guy who let's my opinion be heard.

Here's to a great season.

I just disagree with your bringing up the fact that you donated and someone else didn't. You may not have done so in so many words, but the implication was clear whether you want to admit it or not. Donating for the right reasons to any (good) cause deserves anyone's respect, but it doesnt mean you should bring it up when telling someone they should leave because they didnt donate.

And thank you, I read the entire thread, and my conclusion was that you were out of line, which is why I felt obligated to give me 2 cents...I'm sure you're a good dude, so I have no ill feelings toward you. I'm just an outspoken guy who let's my opinion be heard.

Here's to a great season.

Here's to a great season indeed..... :eat3:

Now go back and read the posts in question again...... Look up the poster's posts today..... which I happened to remember because they stuck out.... He denigrated this board and the posters here 3-4 times today alone. Including one where he said. THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS BOARD.

I politely informed him that...... "it's a free board....... you can take it or leave it". No need for anyone here to say THIS PLACE SUCKS.... Just don't come here...... nobody will care. It's not like he paid anything and expected some return on his investment.

That's all I said. Nothing about me. nothing about what I've chosen to do. I'm just sick of people that say....... this place sucks when they can come and go as they please.

Like I said........ the owner of the site won't ever ask you......... but if you can spare a few bucks, it'll be more then worth it. Stick around...... it's gonna be an AWESOME season. Just wait till gameday threads......... they alone are worth the price of admission :)

Last edited:
LOL you're a joke dude. I'm a non-Patriot fan because I admit the Patriots cheated? Yeah it's not like I live in Boston and attended several training camp practices this year. Or don't plan to go to a few games this fall. (I'll be wearing my steelers gear :rolleyes: )

Honestly I hate ******ed Patriots fans like you. People like you are the reason people hate the Patriots. Your precious Patriots cheated - build a bridge like I have and get over it. It's in the past. It's OK.

Homers like you are fascinating. Like whats your deal? Are you blind? Can the Pats do no wrong? Is any criticism against the Pats make you a non-Pats fan? I'm genuinely curious.

we_have_a_winner_RE_Bear_Grylls_has_caught_on-s600x250-179219.jpg

Then you are in the minority of Patriot fans who think we "cheated" then. Why the hell would you be a fan of a team that you think were "cheaters"...... I don't care if you live in Boston or not.

If I felt like my team actually cheated to win titles and glory, I'm not sure that I could be a fan of that team anymore. I'd feel betrayed, angry........ and unless they totally overhauled who they were (including firing all involved), I'd be done with them. That's who I am morally...... who are you that you still follow people you consider "cheaters"....

You obviously don't have the first effing clue about "posters" like me. I was a pretty vocal critic of Belichick for having the Hubris to "VIOLATE A RULE ABOUT WHERE TO LOCATE RECORDING DEVICES" knowing that it could....... and did......... have serious repercussions. Even through that criticism though, it was NEVER about cheating.......... That talk was for a-hole Patriot haters that had NO CLUE as to what actually happened.

Get off your high horse "I live in Boston" crap....... It means nothing to anyone here.

p.s. It's nice that you possess the ability to HATE people you do not know. It should serve you well in this life. :rolleyes:

He violated a rule and got caught. Isn't that considered cheating. Am I missing anything? I love my Pats and BB will go down as the GOAT HC of any team sports that I've witnessed, but he got careless and got caught. I don't see how you're rationalizing this in your head.

Say for example, a player violates the "no steroids" policy and does steroids, isn't he considered cheating?

Please explain your stance.

Here's to a great season indeed..... :eat3:

Now go back and read the posts in question again...... Look up the poster's posts today..... which I happened to remember because they stuck out.... He denigrated this board and the posters here 3-4 times today alone. Including one where he said. THIS IS WHY I HATE THIS BOARD.

I politely informed him that...... "it's a free board....... you can take it or leave it". No need for anyone here to say THIS PLACE SUCKS.... Just don't come here...... nobody will care. It's not like he paid anything and expected some return on his investment.

That's all I said. Nothing about me. nothing about what I've chosen to do. I'm just sick of people that say....... this place sucks when they can come and go as they please.

Like I said........ the owner of the site won't ever ask you......... but if you can spare a few bucks, it'll be more then worth it. Stick around...... it's gonna be an AWESOME season. Just wait till gameday threads......... they alone are worth the price of admission :)

Fair enough.

He violated a rule and got caught. Isn't that considered cheating. Am I missing anything? I love my Pats and BB will go down as the GOAT HC of any team sports that I've witnessed, but he got careless and got caught. I don't see how you're rationalizing this in your head.

Say for example, a player violates the "no steroids" policy and does steroids, isn't he considered cheating?

Agreed. My opinion is that BB and the Pats didn't have this great "advantage that other teams never had" since other teams were doing it the majority of the time during the Pats Superbowl runs that so many ignorant try to attribute to their "stealing signals".

BB "cheated" by ignoring the memo sent in 2007 and doing it for ONE game and getting caught after that game. I guess using the word "cheating" can be slightly misleading, but the Pats broke the rules and paid dearly for it.

Personally, I wish people would just forget about it and move on. It's really not that big of a deal. People in the media and ignorant players who hate the Patriots just blow it up to be this huge ordeal when it's really not one.

My posts in question:
"Goodell works for the Jets & Colts" - Pats fan
"Goodell works for the Pats" - Jets & Colts fans
"Goodell works for -opponent this week-" - every NFL fan.

You're all ridiculous.

I said that I think people who assume Goodell is against us at every moment in time are ridiculous, every fan base thinks he is against their team too. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe he is against every team, but he picked a crappy job if he really hates everyone in the NFL so much. Or maybe the fans are wrong and can't look at it without serious bias in their eyes. Not only New England fans, but Colts, Jets, Steelers, etc. Everyone.

Next post:
Where are all the idiots that put this kid on IR? God I hate this forum sometimes lol.

Who else is still on fans IR? :rolleyes:

Me responding to people who overreact at the slightest thing they know absolutely nothing about. Vereen was on IR, Dowling was on IR, Haynesworth is cut, Ocho is cut, etc. It's also just another case of you putting words in my mouth and misquoting me. But I don't expect much more from you at this point.

(edited in)
Maybe you consider this post mean and nasty too:
It's hilarious when players miss a handful of practices you start hearing about our 2nd round draft choices getting cut and traded, everyone who has a cough goes on IR.

How do people go through life when they overreact so severely?

Just restating my opinion on some posters here (the vast majority actually) who overreact to some of these things.

You told me to get the "f^^k" out. Here are your words.

I see by your "blue name" that your not a "paying customer", so feel free to turn off this "free" site at anytime. This is the 3rd post today you've denigrated this board and it's posters.

Just get the f^^k out if it bothers you so much. No one will care. Honestly. :rolleyes:

That's awfully polite of you.

Another thing, who the hell makes a DONATION expecting something in return? Why did you pay money to this website? I honestly think that you assume having your name in red gives you some special powers here. Did you donate to support this website for all Patriots fans to unite and discuss football and the Patriots or do you want some kind of internet recognition? Which is it? Both?

You didn't specifically mention anything about your donations, but you sure as hell hinted at it with a 'holier than thou' attitude. This is an internet message board, I am allowed to post as I wish within the rules laid down by the owner of the site. The only thing I did was go off topic responding to your completely irrelevant post about donations.

I know Ian won't ask for it and when I have a few bucks laying around some day I'm sure I will donate something. But it won't be because I want to be able to tell someone who doesn't pay to get out and find a new home if I don't agree with his post.

Last edited:

Okay, this is a re-hash from a few years ago, but I'll play along.

I don't consider it cheating (at all)....... he was not using it for in-game "Hey guys, they are running this play next" or like the illegal taping of a "walk through" that we know NEVER HAPPENED.

As had been discussed. BB would tape from a spot that he was not allowed to by rule. He would (or more likely Ernie would), then take that tape after the game and analyze it to see if there were and "tendencies" or other things that could gleen from them to use at a later time.

Things like.......... When it's 3 and between 5-10 yards, Mangina ALWAYS comes with a full on blitz.... Having those "tendencies" certainty help, and could mean the difference in a game......... but the bottom-line...... they might not either. Mangina could just as easily go against tendencies and drop back into coverage.

BB wants to know everything about his opponent, which includes what tendencies the HC goes to in predictable spots. He was fined (and nailed with a draft pick) because the commish had sent out a memo that said DON'T EFFING TAPE FROM THE SIDELINES....... He essentially (and wrongly) thumbed his nose at the commish and said "I'll tape from the sidelines anyway".

Perhaps in your definition of the word........ that's "cheating". But to most sane people, it's not...... he didn't have the plays. He never recorded signals and miked them into the offense in real time. He never taped a walk through of the Rams.........

We've actually been through all this. Look it up man..... type spygate into the search function for the site.

Last edited:

Agreed. I think anyone who says the Pats didn't cheat is using semantics to keep them up on some kind of pedestal. When an offensive lineman holds a defensive lineman, it's cheating too. Everything is relative. And just because the punishment didn't fit the crime in the case of Spygate, it doesn't mean it wasn't cheating.

I still can't figure out why the OP thinks Ocho needs to shut up when BB is seemingly OK with it.

The regular season cant get here fast enough. Cant wait until the board actually has useful subjects to discuss, other then this useless bullshlt.

Last edited:
Another thing, who the hell makes a DONATION expecting something in return? Why did you pay money to this website? I honestly think that you assume having your name in red gives you some special powers here. Did you donate to support this website for all Patriots fans to unite and discuss football and the Patriots or do you want some kind of internet recognition? Which is it? Both?

Well, back when I started giving donations was when Ian was having a real difficult time with the gameday threads crashing the system and he had to spent a lot of $$ to upgrade to a new server..... so in that respect..... I was donating to specifically help the site. I wanted a better site, and had $20 lying around, so I gave...... I spend enough time here, I made the donation automatic since then.

I assume it gets me nothing, and I'm fine with that. You, on the other hand, seem a little sensitive about the subject....... No problem..... Enjoy.... just ease back on the "you are all ridiculous" posts...... we're not (although you may think I personally am, which is cool), and this place is 1) goofy, 2) off the wall, and 3) will have peep posting silly stuff.

We're fans man...... that's what we do.

You didn't specifically mention anything about your donations, but you sure as hell hinted at it with a 'holier than thou' attitude. This is an internet message board, I am allowed to post as I wish within the rules laid down by the owner of the site. The only thing I did was go off topic responding to your completely irrelevant post about donations.

Didn't intent too. Just said......... It's a free site, if you hate it just go....... if you don't want too..... that fine too. room for everyone. Again... noone's post here are more valuable then anyone's else........ that is VERY COMMON KNOWLEDGE among those who have been here awhile.

Again...... you might be a little sensitive to not having donated...... I won't judge though. Your fine..... just go easy on the posters here saying we're all just "a-hole fans.

I know Ian won't ask for it and when I have a few bucks laying around some day I'm sure I will donate something. But it won't be because I want to be able to tell someone who doesn't pay to get out and find a new home if I don't agree with his post.

Either way........ it's cool. That's what makes this site the cat's azz. It will be here no matter what...... for ridiculous fan rhetoric and good insightful football talk too.

GO PATRIOTS...

Agreed. I think anyone who says the Pats didn't cheat is using semantics to keep them up on some kind of pedestal. When an offensive lineman holds a defensive lineman, it's cheating too. Everything is relative. And just because the punishment didn't fit the crime in the case of Spygate, it doesn't mean it wasn't cheating.

I still can't figure out why the OP thinks Ocho needs to shut up when BB is seemingly OK with it.

BB probably has no idea it happened. He recently referred to Facebook as "Myface". I love BB as much as the next Pats fan but he's not exactly hip when it comes to new trends in social networking like facebook/twitter lol.

Agreed. I think anyone who says the Pats didn't cheat is using semantics to keep them up on some kind of pedestal.

You seem to misunderstand the point of at least some of us who sided with the Patriots on this. I say the Patriots didn't cheat, and I certainly don't keep them up on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong. A disagreement of interpretation, when it involves something that's never yet been established, is not cheating.

You seem to misunderstand the point of at least some of us who sided with the Patriots on this. I say the Patriots didn't cheat, and I certainly don't keep them up on a pedestal as if they can do no wrong. A disagreement of interpretation, when it involves something that's never yet been established, is not cheating.

Anyone that knows Deus........... KNOWS this is a true statement. :D

Well, back when I started giving donations was when Ian was having a real difficult time with the gameday threads crashing the system and he had to spent a lot of $$ to upgrade to a new server..... so in that respect..... I was donating to specifically help the site. I wanted a better site, and had $20 lying around, so I gave...... I spend enough time here, I made the donation automatic since then.

I assume it gets me nothing, and I'm fine with that. You, on the other hand, seem a little sensitive about the subject....... No problem..... Enjoy.... just ease back on the "you are all ridiculous" posts...... we're not (although you may think I personally am, which is cool), and this place is 1) goofy, 2) off the wall, and 3) will have peep posting silly stuff.

We're fans man...... that's what we do.

Didn't intent too. Just said......... It's a free site, if you hate it just go....... if you don't want too..... that fine too. room for everyone. Again... noone's post here are more valuable then anyone's else........ that is VERY COMMON KNOWLEDGE among those who have been here awhile.

Again...... you might be a little sensitive to not having donated...... I won't judge though. Your fine..... just go easy on the posters here saying we're all just "a-hole fans.

Either way........ it's cool. That's what makes this site the cat's azz. It will be here no matter what...... for ridiculous fan rhetoric and good insightful football talk too.

GO PATRIOTS...

Why do you think I'm sensitive about donating? I didn't bring it up. I'm not going to have trouble sleeping at night because I didn't donate and when and if I do I won't make a thread of post informing everything that my name is now in red.

How is that sensitive? I think it's called knowing it is irrelevant to just about everything posted here.

I don't think all fans are ridiculous at all times, I think when people post ridiculous things like a player going on IR or getting cut after missing one practice session they should be told to step back off the ledge before they hurt themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back