PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

O/T: Daylight Savings Time

The bane of older folks having to deal with technology that has become more complicated instead of easier, despite being told otherwise.. and when you ask someone gives you some advice, then try to apply it and you forget the advice. So you live on the same time all year and don't play by the rules.

1647170295920.png

I’m in full support of the DST bill in congress. I don’t care which one we chose honestly; let’s just pick one, stick with it and end the back and forth non sense.

The bane of older folks having to deal with technology that has become more complicated instead of easier, despite being told otherwise.. and when you ask someone gives you some advice, then try to apply it and you forget the advice. So you live on the same time all year and don't play by the rules.
My youngest son and his wife kept pushing my wife and I to get rid of our flip phones, which we did. I miss it but that's not the problem. The problem is that they keep giving us electronic presents that we don't want or need.

If we are going to fix outdate time related structures, let's also eliminate time zones.

If we are going to fix outdate time related structures, let's also eliminate time zones.

Interesting. My first thought to the whole DST bill discourse was "I can't believe this is what people are choosing to care about", but seeing some fleshed out arguments makes me want to look more into the UTC idea.

I don't fully understand how it would work though. If the whole world is on the same time, doesn't that mean the morning would be in the PM hours on the other side of the world?

Interesting. My first thought to the whole DST bill discourse was "I can't believe this is what people are choosing to care about", but seeing some fleshed out arguments makes me want to look more into the UTC idea.

I don't fully understand how it would work though. If the whole world is on the same time, doesn't that mean the morning would be in the PM hours on the other side of the world?

Yeah, I think so. We all go to the 24 hour system which makes more sense anyway. 6:00 PM becomes 18:00 hours, etc.
One problem would be our Euro/American assumption that we are the center of the world, so GMT becomes 0:00. The rest of the world has had enough of that at this point.

New England should be in the Atlantic time (EDT) zone year round.

I don't care about the rest of you.
Preach it! There is nothing worse than looking at the clock on my stove knowing its wrong, and that it will remain wrong for another 6 months.

Preach it! There is nothing worse than looking at the clock on my stove knowing its wrong, and that it will remain wrong for another 6 months.
True but even worster is it being pitch black out before 5 PM.

True but even worster is it being pitch black out before 5 PM.
i dont even want to get into the worstedness of the clock in the car...

and ugh, dark at 5. thats miserable. Feels like i'm living in stupid alaska with their stupid 24 hours of stupid darkness days.

i dont even want to get into the worstedness of the clock in the car...

and ugh, dark at 5. thats miserable. Feels like i'm living in stupid alaska with their stupid 24 hours of stupid darkness days.
Agreed! So no more changing our clocks. We are starting the movement.

what time is the first meeting?

my kitchen clock says 2:24 ... but my computer says 3:24

:confused:
2:54. Split the difference.

Funny and informative:

I think we should set time zone boundaries horizontally instead of vertically.

So ridiculous to spend time 2x a year running around the house and cars changing the fecking clock

So ridiculous to spend time 2x a year running around the house and cars changing the fecking clock
It is frustrating because I deal with people all over the globe during work and I have memorized what time it is in various time zones. But it is a huge PITA when we spring forward/fall back and they don't. So I have to shift my mental calculations for the current time in India and even parts of the U.S. (like Arizona).

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back