NY JETS Beg Fans to Buy Tix

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NY Jets are Begging Fans to Buy Tickets Boston.BarstoolSports.com

(Article fine but comments on site contain foul language)

The Jets sent an e-mail to “waiting list” members Tuesday informing them of ticket availability at all levels for the upcoming season...

...team executive Matt Higgins said. “Due to the economy and the transition to the new stadium, we want to get the word out that there is a small window where a few thousand tickets will be available. We will sell out, but this is an opportunity.”
...In previous years, a limited number of fans among the roughly 14,000 people on the Jets’ waiting list were informed of their chance to replace season-ticket holders who chose not to renew. Higgins said about 7,000 tickets changed hands that way last year

Ya gotta luv the 'Just Empty The Savings' sign!

Ah the Jets, a constant source of entertainment for Pats fans.

Last edited:
One of my former bosses was a G***ts fan. We didn't agree on much, but we did both agree that the JEST are teh suck. :D

NY Jets are Begging Fans to Buy Tickets Boston.BarstoolSports.com

(Article fine but comments on site contain foul language)

The Jets sent an e-mail to “waiting list” members Tuesday informing them of ticket availability at all levels for the upcoming season...

...team executive Matt Higgins said. “Due to the economy and the transition to the new stadium, we want to get the word out that there is a small window where a few thousand tickets will be available. We will sell out, but this is an opportunity.”
...In previous years, a limited number of fans among the roughly 14,000 people on the Jets’ waiting list were informed of their chance to replace season-ticket holders who chose not to renew. Higgins said about 7,000 tickets changed hands that way last year.

Ya gotta luv the 'Just Empty The Savings' sign!

jerry.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Where do franchises get the balls to do **** like this?

Bob Kraft should buy up all the Patriots tickets for the away game against the Jets - it's just a three hour drive for most of us and no reason not to make this another home game for the Pats if the Jets fanbase is so lethargic.

Soon they'll start having opening tryouts in desparation to get the fans to win games for them too. curse those rats!!

Well this begs the question, What should be the 2009 Jets motto? I like "Come watch a new, younger QB implode" Your mileage may vary.

I'm failing to see the part about the franchise "begging" fans to buy tickets. Is the headline not a bit sensationalist?

They have a waiting list ... they're not begging for anything.

I hate the Jets as much as anyone but selling tickets is not a problem for them.

This part made me laugh:

"Let’s summarize the Jets Business Model for Building a Winning Organization:

Hire incompetents
Draft poorly
Treat your fanbase like something you stepped in."

This part made me laugh:

"Let’s summarize the Jets Business Model for Building a Winning Organization:

Hire incompetents
Draft poorly
Treat your fanbase like something you stepped in, and let the male portion of your fanbase treat the female portion of your fanbase like something they stepped in."

Fixed your post for you. :D :mad:

They should be offering one game tickets to the AFC East. They'll sell out in no time.

There are 14K on the waiting list and your interpretation is that they're begging people to buy tickets? This says more about you than it does the Jets.

There are 14K on the waiting list and your interpretation is that they're begging people to buy tickets? This says more about you than it does the Jets.

Some folks, especially the rational and numerate, take these 'dead zone' off season filler thread topics WAY too seriously.

It's ALWAYS in season to use hyperbole to bash the Jets. Get with the program, people.

Last edited:
I ask this question not to be sarcastic, but because I'm legitimately confused. If the Jesters have so many thousands of people on the waiting list, how are so many tickets going to be available? Are they doing like the Pats and keeping a certain number of seats open for single-game sales? :confused:

I ask this question not to be sarcastic, but because I'm legitimately confused. If the Jesters have so many thousands of people on the waiting list, how are so many tickets going to be available? Are they doing like the Pats and keeping a certain number of seats open for single-game sales? :confused:

Bro, this is a ball busting riff on the Jets and their fans. Don't be rational! Topic title was a copy from the referenced site.

That said, it's amazing that the HUGE population base of the NY area has so few folks allegedly on the waiting list. Note that they are email telemarketing their waiting list too.

Last edited:
There are a lot of long time Jet fans that feel deeply hurt and betrayed.
1. No stadium in Manhattan
2. No stadium in Queens.
3. Sharing with the Giants.
4. PSLs.

The new stadium will be a huge success, they'll have there investment paid off in no time. It's like a license to print money.

Bro, this is a ball busting riff on the Jets and their fans. Don't be rational! Topic title was a copy from the referenced site.

That said, it's amazing that the HUGE population base of the NY area has so few folks allegedly on the waiting list. Note that they are email telemarketing their waiting list too.

I guess trying to understand the Jesters is like trying to solve the JFK assassination. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST