PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots end ticketExchange, go with NFL-wide TicketMaster scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know what they’ve put in place for NFL tickets, but when I’ve bought other kinds of tickets through Ticketmaster I have also have a “transfer” button that lets me transfer the ticket to anyone with a Ticketmaster account. Obviously I don’t do the transfer until I have good funds from the person (or if I trust them to pay me after the transfer).

I know that the Red Sox have a "Transfer" button, but so far, the Patriots website only has a "Sell" button... at least that's all they had the last time he looked.

Patriots are expensive as f*** this year.

The Pats Bears game at Chicago is far and away the most expensive Bears game this year. And that includes their division matchups vs. Green Bay.

You would almost think they won the SB given the prices of tickets. My group of friends that I travel down from Canada with every season for a game all were hoping to make the Packers game but the cost was ridiculous. The ****ty canadian dollar doesn't help either. We settled on the Colts game and even then the cost was borderline too much.

You would almost think they won the SB given the prices of tickets.
Just my theory but I think people know that the chances they have to see Brady are winding down.

Texans season opener: Tickets | New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans - Foxborough, MA at Ticketmaster

Cheapest ticket is $400 in section 315, a $109 face value ticket. What's even funnier is that Seat Geek has better seats for the same price. So much for this new Ticket Exchange opening up tickets for more fans! Rich fans maybe.

Good thing I have nice HDTVs in the house. It'll be different watching all the games from my couch this year.

So here we are - the Tuesday prior to a home game. This is typically the time when the Patriots would release a slew of tickets to their Ticket Exchange - all priced at face value.

So where are all of those face value tickets? They're certainly not showing up on the NFL Ticket Exchange website. The cheapest seats there are $170 each. I wonder if this is the Patriots selling them at $170 each? Even $170 is a lot less than tickets have been going for in a while but significantly more than face value.

I really do hope that this backfires on them.

So here we are - the Tuesday prior to a home game. This is typically the time when the Patriots would release a slew of tickets to their Ticket Exchange - all priced at face value.

So where are all of those face value tickets? They're certainly not showing up on the NFL Ticket Exchange website. The cheapest seats there are $170 each. I wonder if this is the Patriots selling them at $170 each? Even $170 is a lot less than tickets have been going for in a while but significantly more than face value.

I really do hope that this backfires on them.
Yes, I know someone who is looking at tickets on the new Ticket Master website and tix there are significantly more than they ever were on the ticket exchange, with no drops in prices in sight. This is a shame, particularly for folks who paid the Pats to be on the waitlist for season tickets, just to have access to the ticket exchange.

Yes, I know someone who is looking at tickets on the new Ticket Master website and tix there are significantly more than they ever were on the ticket exchange, with no drops in prices in sight. This is a shame, particularly for folks who paid the Pats to be on the waitlist for season tickets, just to have access to the ticket exchange.
It is not only a shame, it was a dirty trick on the part of management and probably
the NFL.

Is there no single-game accommodation now for waitlisters? If so, that truly is a shame.

Is there no single-game accommodation now for waitlisters? If so, that truly is a shame.
Not that I am aware of. As far as I know if you go to the Ticket Exchange on your Pats account link, you are redirected to Ticket Master (but I haven't tried this in depth myself).

No, there isn't.

Like I said months ago, there's no longer any reason to be on the waiting list unless you actually want season tickets.

You're competing for no-price-cap tickets with the rest of the world now.

I've been searching for tickets to the Pats-Jags game, and it seems like the prices are exactly the same on stub hub, ticketmaster, et al. 4 years ago, I bought tickets from the jaguars at face value, I hate it when other teams get local support!

The more I think about it, I might just go and see what prices I can get in the parking lot, if all else fails, their is an excellent Hooters in Jacksonville Landing to watch the game at.

So here we are, the 2nd home game under this new "NFL Ticket Exchange" system. Where are all of the Patriots tickets that the team releases on the Tuesday/Wednesday prior to the game? Nowhere to be found, that is, unless the tickets that are there are all being posted by the Patriots themselves.

BTW, the CBC recently ran an undercover sting and confirmed what we all knew has been going on for years - bots buying up thousands of tickets and instantly putting them back up for sale at jacked up prices: Ticketmaster Has Its Own Secret 'Scalping Program,' Canadian Journalists Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back